Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lenny McLean bio pic

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone seen it?

Sir John Hurt crops up in the trailer but don't know if its worth putting aside 88 mins.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Michael Bisping (current UFC Middleweight Champion) plays Roy "Pretty Boy" Shaw. I've seen a couple of fairly positive reviews for it so might give it a watch. For those of you interested in the subject matter there is a decent documentary about Lenny called The Guv'nor on Netflix which examines Lenny's life from his son Jamie's point of view.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Michael Bisping (current UFC Middleweight Champion) plays Roy "Pretty Boy" Shaw. I've seen a couple of fairly positive reviews for it so might give it a watch. For those of you interested in the subject matter there is a decent documentary about Lenny called The Guv'nor on Netflix which examines Lenny's life from his son Jamie's point of view.

I watched this at Xmas, very interesting and honest account by his son in revealing then Lenny might have had 'medical issues' that weren't identified or diagnosed back then. It was a complete spin from reading his book, which I did some years ago and had come to the conclusion that he was almost, by his own admission, a violent, controlling bully

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Violence begets violence!

Not seen it but hearing him talk about savage beatings as a child, I'm guessing the programme explores that?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I watched this at Xmas, very interesting and honest account by his son in revealing then Lenny might have had 'medical issues' that weren't identified or diagnosed back then. It was a complete spin from reading his book, which I did some years ago and had come to the conclusion that he was almost, by his own admission, a violent, controlling bully

i've never read his book, but I guess if it was released while he was alive then he'd have wanted to keep up his public persona of being a hard ****.

Violence begets violence!

Not seen it but hearing him talk about savage beatings as a child, I'm guessing the programme explores that?

The documentary certainly covers this and Jamie blames how Lenny was beaten by his father as the reason for a lot of his violence, but Jamie also says that Lenny was against anyone hitting kids and was never hit by Lenny.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For those of you interested in the subject matter there is a decent documentary about Lenny called The Guv'nor on Netflix which examines Lenny's life from his son Jamie's point of view.

Well worth watching. Not seen the movie, but if it contains half the insights of the documentary, it'll have done very well. Recommended.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
i've never read his book, but I guess if it was released while he was alive then he'd have wanted to keep up his public persona of being a hard ****.

The documentary certainly covers this and Jamie blames how Lenny was beaten by his father as the reason for a lot of his violence, but Jamie also says that Lenny was against anyone hitting kids and was never hit by Lenny.

Interesting I guess he was forever beating the image of his father in the ring!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

It was a great documentary, was it not his step father that beat him not his paternal father ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here