Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship 17/18

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I certainly not 'confident' enough to forget the Championship.. so I an still interested. Best League In The World. (IMHO)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Definitely - I'll be all over it.

Partly looking keep an eye on the top talent to plunder (Brereton), but mainly because it's simply an effing brilliant league.

Fulham v Norwich opening weekend looks tasty. Also Blades v Bees has piqued my interest.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Funny really, because I will start the season planning to watch it, as it IS by far the most entertaining of the Leagues in this country, but the reality is you end up so massively focussed on the league you are in, that I will probably find myself watching far less of it than I expect to.

There are various teams that I will take a significant interest in because I either have friends who support teams there, or we have ex-players knocking around there. Birmingham is bound to be an entertaining watch as 'arry does his teflon bit again, spending to the point of bankruptcy, before walking away claiming the owners never backed him, and he was down to the bare bones, while the media give him yet another free pass for the catastrophic ruins he leaves behind, and begin a campaign to have him replace Southgate.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I've already done a little accumulator bet, to be promoted - (Champ) Birmingham, (Lge 1) Blackburn and (Lge 2) Luton - 65/1

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've already done a little accumulator bet, to be promoted - (Champ) Birmingham, (Lge 1) Blackburn and (Lge 2) Luton - 65/1

I'm holding out until the bulk of transfer business has been done. Then it'll be winners of the four English leagues. Ridiculous odds but you never know.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Given that I work with Mackems and live surrounded by Boro fans, I'll be keeping a keen eye on proceedings - hoping I'm provided with plenty of ammunition to wind them up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wonder which team Richie Towell will be loaned to ? ???

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I'll be following it closely. It's a great division.

Next season will be even closer than last because none of the relegated teams are set up as well as Newcastle were for a quick return to the premier league and there were a few teams like Villa, Derby and Fulham who were hitting promotion form late in the season.

On the guardian's football weekly podcast a week or so ago they were saying how the championship would be so exciting this year because the 'monsters' Newcastle and Brighton had been promoted. Brought a smile to my face, that.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm really looking forward to it and it makes me even more relieved we managed to get out of what is an INSANE division.

I genuinely think 18-20 of the teams will have "playoffs or above" as their target.

Villla, Birmingham, Derby, Fulham, Hull, Leeds :)lolol:), Boro, Norwich, Reading, Wednesday, Sunderland - All teams who could realistically be going for automatic.

BRILLIANT.

Last edited:

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
We did really well to get up last season - it's going to be a bloodbath this year!

Now we just need to stay out of it next year......

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really looking forward to it and it makes me even more relieved we managed to get out of what is an INSANE division.

I genuinely think 18-20 of the teams will have "playoffs or above" as their target.

Villla, Birmingham, Derby, Fulham, Hull, Leeds :)lolol:), Boro, Norwich, Reading, Wednesday, Sunderland - All teams who could realistically be going for automatic.

BRILLIANT.

And some insane owners as well.

God alone knows what Wolves are going to be like this year

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'll be following it and watching as much as possible. It'll be part of the brilliant fun of being in the PL that we can watch all those MASSIVE clubs scrapping desperately to achieve what we already did. Can't wait.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here