Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
But every time I see any projections about the Albion balance sheet for last season, including [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] they suggest we'll make a small profit of 5-10 million. How does that fit?

We spent £50 million on playing purchasing alone last year. Add that to squad wages and you’re probably not far off £100 million

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The point I was trying to make is the transfer fee is often the less expensive part of the deal.. Buy a player for 5 mil, but offer him a 50k a week contract for 5 years, you spend an extra 13 mil on wages (or 2.6 mil per year).. Therefore the budget always should include both wages and price..

The budget does include both transfer fee and wages. The fee is written off over the term of the contract (unless you're Derby) and the wages are a normal cost each year.

So (for example) if you spend £50m on players who are all on five year contracts then the cost per year in the accounts is £10m in amortisation + whatever you're paying them in staff costs.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
€24m apparently. Champions League football so we couldn't compete with that. Oh well, on to the next one, there will be plenty of other decent players we can add to the squad.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that question asking:-

Is the 26 year old Danish International, who wants his transfer settled before he goes off to the World Cup. having just played 32 games in the Bundesliga scoring 3 and assisting 5, better than Steve Sidwell?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Genuine question are we really interested in him and is he an improvement on what we have or have let go?

Genuine question. Why has it taken 430 posts and many, many months, for you to ask the question? Especially in the light of the recent news that he is almost certainly going to Dortmund.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018

Is the 26 year old Danish International, who wants his transfer settled before he goes off to the World Cup. having just played 32 games in the Bundesliga scoring 3 and assisting 5, better than Steve Sidwell?

Ah, but would you let him shag your wife? Do you want to be Danish too?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Being a Danish Internatrional in the World Cyp means nothing if their choice is limited. The same could be said of many Northern Ireland Internationals had they qualified. for the World Cup in a poor group. My question is asked as there doesnt seem to be many ;big; clubs interested in him. Are we desperate to sign players?

Being a Danish Internatrional in the World Cyp means nothing if their choice is limited. The same could be said of many Northern Ireland Internationals had they qualified. for the World Cup in a poor group. My question is asked as there doesnt seem to be many ;big; clubs interested in him. Are we desperate to sign players?

The only desperation here is your insatiable need to up your post count.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Borussia Dortmund = Little club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Desperate is when you ask for an extension of the transfer window as it closes. Hopefully it won’t come to that again

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He doesnt strike me as a player that we would be interested in so until now it didnt seem to matter where he went.

That's a strange logic. You seem to suggest you are only interested in finding out whether he would have been a great buy once news comes in that he won't be our player.

And why not read the thread instead of asking after the horse has bolted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here