Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Fathers Day

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To all those that made the effort to spend the day with their their dads, to all dads who spent it with their kids, and to all that didn't quite make it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good shout. Spent Friday and Saturday in Scotland helping no1 sort out her post-Uni flat before she starts work in a couple of weeks, and me and the missus had an excellent pub meal tonight with no2 and his GF. Spoke to my old man as well.....struggling with all sorts of illness but in good spirits. Happy days.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
2/3 of my kids remembered to call. 2/3 of my kids will get a call on their birthday. I'm wondering how many will remember next year... :smile:

el punal

Two insulting and humorous cards sent to me by my two daughters, insinuating that I'm a totally useless, impractical technophobe. They're right! Bless 'em.

P.S. Followed by a phone call describing the above sentiments. I love them to pieces. :kiss:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Feel privileged. Son called me from uni and daughter spent the day revising at my house (she generally lives with her mum).

Love them both to pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My two took me to the pub and then out for a meal. I tried to pay, but they steadfastly refused my offer. Love 'em to pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I give up, my kids are only wee so the fact that I get a card from them is ACE. The wife, as usual makes bugger all effort. I spend ages thinking of gifts, romantic gestures and ways to make her happy and know we appreciate her. What do I get? Some crackers for cheese and I still had to cook everyone's dinner. Bag of Sh!t. as for my 17 year old daughter not even a text.

To be honest the buying me something aint the point, just the thought would be nice. Spend a fortune on these sods and work my balls off.

Miss my Dad, sadly he's gone.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was able to provide lunch and Dinner for Jnr. With the added bonus I was able to volunteer to run him to the Station to catch his train back to LIPA. In return I received lots of conversation a hug and a perfectly reasonable card. :kiss::D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bought my Dad (and Mum) a nice CURRY, and some GIN. He's a brilliant Dad is my Dad. If I'm half as good a Dad to my lads, I'll have done okay.

They bought me a new cricket shirt, and the oldest bought me a pint, as it was the first FD since he turned 18.

x

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Had a brilliant day yesterday.

Spoke to my Dad in the morning. He has vascular dementia but is still the happiest, most chilled out person I know, at 86 years of age.

All of my (4) children were with us and I got some lovely presents that proved they actually think about stuff I like.

Win

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My two sons live on the other side of the bike ride so we have an arrangement to combine a celebratory meal with my soon to be birthday. Cards received with vouchers to spend as I wish plus phone and text messages. Rather glad to stay home as I am one of those that the Government have warned to stay put in this heat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here