Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell End Bike Rider!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Well done to all bike riders today who managed to complete the trip! APART FROM ONE OBNOXIOUS TWUNT IN A PURPLE AND WHITE OUTFIT WHO SINGLE HANDEDLY MADE ME DRIVE AT 10 Mph all the way from Turners Hill to Ardingly village! It clearly stated left hand lane for bikes and right for all other vehicles! It's pillocks like you that give cyclists a bad name! Even the people around him moved over but he refused! I hope the Beacon beat him and he has a week suffering!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Well done to all bike riders today who managed to complete the trip! APART FROM ONE OBNOXIOUS TWUNT IN A PURPLE AND WHITE OUTFIT WHO SINGLE HANDEDLY MADE ME DRIVE AT 10 Mph all the way from Turners Hill to Ardingly village! It clearly stated left hand lane for bikes and right for all other vehicles! It's pillocks like you that give cyclists a bad name! Even the people around him moved over but he refused! I hope the Beacon beat him and he has a week suffering!
Lol. I'm Pro bike but you should have given him a nudge...

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The people around him didn't need to move over because he was single handedly in the wrong lane.
Shame you lost 5-10 minutes of your day but at least any possible heart attack from the stress may be helped by the money raised for the British Heart Foundation today. Happy driving.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The people around him didn't need to move over because he was single handedly in the wrong lane.
Shame you lost 5-10 minutes of your day but at least any possible heart attack from the stress may be helped by the money raised for the British Heart Foundation today. Happy driving.

Turners Hill to Ardingly is according to google 4.2 miles. If the cyclist was travelling at 10 mph the journey would have been more like 25 minutes and not 5-10.

*pedant alert*

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Turners Hill to Ardingly is according to google 4.2 miles. If the cyclist was travelling at 10 mph the journey would have been more like 25 minutes and not 5-10.

*pedant alert*

The time it would normally take has to be deducted from the 25 minutes. So 60mph for the mad motor head would be 4.2 minutes off. However, driving at 60mph in a lane next to a charity Bike ride would make you a bigger twunt than a purple helmet on a bike.

#pedantsarethe future

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

In my experience of this event, virtually all of them walk up the Beacon anyway. It's a struggle having to cycle up it so slowly weaving around them.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016

The Bicycle riders who were with Purple Twunt man were courteous enough to abide by traffic control guidelines where as the pillock just couldn't give a toss and found it amusing! I however did not rise to his antics and was happy to give the other riders free music for the 4.2 mile journey! Funny enough one of the tunes was Free by Ultra Nate which was a bit ironic!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In my experience of this event, virtually all of them walk up the Beacon anyway. It's a struggle having to cycle up it so slowly weaving around them.
Easily sorted - just get to the Beacon long before the idiots arrive. :whistle:

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014

It's a$$holes like that who give all other polite cyclists a bad reputation meaning motorists think we are the enemy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first time I did it we were in Evans Clapham the day before mesmerised by a 'full bodied' lady asking the assistant to make her bike suitable for the event.

The only problem was her bike was a much lower specced version of something like this:-

RichBit-Electric-Bike-Powerful-Fat-Tire-Electric-Mountain-Bike-48V-17AH-1000W-eBike-Beach-font-b.jpg

The poor fella was all but lost for words.
I'll be amazed if she even got to go under the M25.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oddly, I have seen cyclists riding along, wearing headphones with no hands on the handlebar, rolling a fag....so, cool/insane ? how about if you did the same in a car ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The first time I did it we were in Evans Clapham the day before mesmerised by a 'full bodied' lady asking the assistant to make her bike suitable for the event.

The only problem was her bike was a much lower specced version of something like this:-

View attachment 86429

The poor fella was all but lost for words.
I'll be amazed if she even got to go under the M25.

In 1987 I did it on a 3 gear sturmey archer bike. Got up the Beacon on the bike after 5 pints of nourishment along the way. Used to enjoy it till they aloud cars to follow you playing loud music.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oddly, I have seen cyclists riding along, wearing headphones with no hands on the handlebar, rolling a fag....so, cool/insane ? how about if you did the same in a car ?
You'd have earned the right to kill considerably more people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here