Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Are Now Entering The Doldrums

el punal

No, not the geographical area of ocean either side of the equator infamous for becalming sailing vessels, i.e. - nothing happens. I'm talking about the "nothing happens" weeks of being a football fan. The triumphant end of the season for us Albion fans is now a distant memory, we've perused and marked down the dates of the new fixtures, that's done and dusted.

So, what else? A couple of building block signings with Gross and Ryan . . . and just an endless number of unsubstantiated rumours of who we might get in/or not, who we should get in/ or not, and in truth no one will know for sure until mid-July or later.

There isn't even a World Cup or Euro's competition for our national team to abjectly fail in, and us to moan about.

Roll on the Atletico friendly to get back in the swing of things, in the meantime I need a drink. :cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just enjoy the summer. Fear and loathing doesn't start till August. :albion2:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Or for us sports fans....Lions tour ...England v South Africa Test cricket series to name but two.. takes us comfortably up until the end of July ...and then its footie yippee

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nonsense, we have the Confederarions Cup going on at the moment. The past two weeks we had the CONIFA Euro 2017 tournament, won by Padania for the first time defeating TRNC on penalties in the final. We have the FIFA Powerchair World Cup finals from Florida coming up, with a Brighton player in the squad. I just don't think you're looking hard enough. :jester:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I must admit I'm finding this much tougher than usual. I'm not sure if it's like being a kid before Christmas, when you know that you will finally be getting that present you've always wanted, or apprehension of what's ahead and wondering if we'll be ready for it. A signing of pace and power or two may ease my anxiety. It's a fantastic position to be in though and I wouldn't swap supporting this club for any other.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just enjoy the summer. Fear and loathing doesn't start till August. :albion2:

Exactly. These guys were blowing full-force at the Falmouth Sea Shanty Festival yesterday:

EOS70D-20170617-8943.jpg

Excellent stuff, and plenty of other festivals to enjoy before next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No hairdressers in Confederaria then...

-

Yes, I know it's part of the Rastafarian belief that you shouldn't cut your hair before you all start...

Plenty of hairdressas but dem all shit

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, not the geographical area of ocean either side of the equator infamous for becalming sailing vessels, i.e. - nothing happens. I'm talking about the "nothing happens" weeks of being a football fan. The triumphant end of the season for us Albion fans is now a distant memory, we've perused and marked down the dates of the new fixtures, that's done and dusted.

So, what else? A couple of building block signings with Gross and Ryan . . . and just an endless number of unsubstantiated rumours of who we might get in/or not, who we should get in/ or not, and in truth no one will know for sure until mid-July or later.

There isn't even a World Cup or Euro's competition for our national team to abjectly fail in, and us to moan about.

Roll on the Atletico friendly to get back in the swing of things, in the meantime I need a drink. :cheers:

Confederations Cup
U21s
MLS
Why wait for Atletico given the 1st friendly is 22 July

You just seem like a part time football fan who wants the summer off.

el punal

Confederations Cup
U21s
MLS
Why wait for Atletico given the 1st friendly is 22 July

You just seem like a part time football fan who wants the summer off.

Shame on you, inferring that that I'm a part time football fan. On second thoughts you may be right and I should have worded my post better - in that I'm a FULL TIME Albion fan and that I'm not overly interested in overseas football like MLS or a whole raft of other competitions throughout the world.

With reference to not bothering about pre-season Albion friendlies except the Atletico fixture I find your comment slightly demeaning. I live in Southampton so going to the initial friendlies at Crawley, Southend and Norwich is somewhat prohibitive. I have chosen the Atletico Madrid game for the simple reason that it's my grandson's 9th birthday that day and as a family, eight of us, we will be attending. Now that's hardly being a part time fan, bad fan, or whatever other description you care to choose.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Or for us sports fans....Lions tour ...England v South Africa Test cricket series to name but two.. takes us comfortably up until the end of July ...and then its footie yippee

Yep. Don't forget our first friendly, at Crawley, in on 22nd July. Little more than four short weeks away. To be precise 33 days one minute, and 50 seconds to be precise, according to the club website.

The time will soon go, l promise!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here