Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday ideas for family

D-rod

Apr 1, 2014
Trying to book a holiday for family four , two children 15 & 13 for 10 days , leaving end of July so back for start of season , spending hours looking at all websites and getting no where., want a beach , pool , and somewhere not too busy and full of northerners

Any good suggestions where to look , anyone know any good websites ?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Depends on budget really, I too am heading off for 10 days at the end of July and fly back the day before the Atletico match. South of France, air conditioned 6 birth mobile home on a huge 'campsite' with huge pools, restaurants and 2 min drive from the beach with flights for 5 was about £2700.

D-rod

Apr 1, 2014
Budget £3000 , was hoping for villa in a nice area , most of the holidays we are finding are turkey or Greek island , I can get flights ok , but always worried about booking a villa , has anyone used ownersdirect ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Budget £3000 , was hoping for villa in a nice area , most of the holidays we are finding are turkey or Greek island , I can get flights ok , but always worried about booking a villa , has anyone used ownersdirect ?

Yes. I have always had positive experiences with them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Used them for France; Limoges/Lot/Bordeaux et al, always without issue.

D-rod

Apr 1, 2014
No I don't want to go anywhere with northerners like fuengirola , Spain which I have been in past found it full of northerners , or the type of northerners from places like Burnley , Newcastle and Croydon

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
No I don't want to go anywhere with northerners like fuengirola , Spain which I have been in past found it full of northerners , or the type of northerners from places like Burnley , Newcastle and Croydon

I'm afraid even at £3k you will struggle to find a nice villa in an upmarket location this time of year in a decent country. There all be booked.! The two probably best choices, South of France and Almalfi coast in Italy get booked up a year in advance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I always use owners direct and have used owners abroad, and have never had a problem. I book flights then accomodation or vice versa, then. Transfers using Sun Transfers and lastly off airport parking through APH at Gatwick and have never had even a hint of a problem.

Despite what many say you will still find a villa with owners direct even at this late date as they have so many on their books.

D-rod

Apr 1, 2014
Found one in Majorca £1600 for 10 days flights £650 , just car hire to get , used a company called homeaway.co.uk hopefully they are fine

Vendee area of France is where we have been going for many years with our two (15 &14). Beaches, waterparks, nice towns to explore (La Rochelle, Ile re Re) and the awesome Puy Du Fou theme park which is like no other, anywhere.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The New Forest,but not by Swt 5 bloody hours Brockenhurst to North Camp tonight . Cabs Trains and Cabs a nightmare.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
we live in New Zealand now but 4 years ago we went somewhere new and fell in love with it . Went the following 3 years . its cheap and not that crowded if you get out to the islands . Croatia!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here