Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RSCH food dialema

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So, I have my next operation at County Hospital due in 2 weeks. Not bothered about the op at all - I've had so many now, it's all rather tedious. However, it is highly unlikely I will eat the in-house food - I've made that mistake before, it's pretty horrendous. When people visit me I will get them to bring me something decent, but does anyone know of any takeaways near to the hospital that will deliver to a ward ? Pretty sure I can get a delivery to the main entrance, but getting to the ward may not be so easy. The only on-site option is Subway, if I can get there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not sure I can help re takeaways but best of luck with the Op. I know the food there seems to vary hugely depending on which ward you're in, as there are various different kitchens, etc. My father-in-law was offered a variety of greasy treats like fish and chips the day after he had a heart attack and immediately after being lectured on a healthy diet :facepalm:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not sure I can help re takeaways but best of luck with the Op. I know the food there seems to vary hugely depending on which ward you're in, as there are various different kitchens, etc. My father-in-law was offered a variety of greasy treats like fish and chips the day after he had a heart attack and immediately after being lectured on a healthy diet :facepalm:

Fishy Friday still rocking on... :)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
So, I have my next operation at County Hospital due in 2 weeks. Not bothered about the op at all - I've had so many now, it's all rather tedious. However, it is highly unlikely I will eat the in-house food - I've made that mistake before, it's pretty horrendous. When people visit me I will get them to bring me something decent, but does anyone know of any takeaways near to the hospital that will deliver to a ward ? Pretty sure I can get a delivery to the main entrance, but getting to the ward may not be so easy. The only on-site option is Subway, if I can get there.

Good Luck. You may have a problem as meal times tend to be when the nurses don't allow visitors

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Good Luck. You may have a problem as meal times tend to be when the nurses don't allow visitors

Never had a problem. The renal dept is really good, visiting times are not generally stuck to. They don't seem to mind too much food being taken in, they would much rather patients eat something rather than nothing.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
good luck and get well

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Never had a problem. The renal dept is really good, visiting times are not generally stuck to. They don't seem to mind too much food being taken in, they would much rather patients eat something rather than nothing.

You have my sympathy. I spent a night on the renal ward recently and the food was awful.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You have my sympathy. I spent a night on the renal ward recently and the food was awful.

I've spent many nights in Renal there, this op will be 3-10 days as an inmate. I don't mind the breakfasts - even the soggy toast is edible, it's the other 2 meals that drive me nuts. Last time, in April, I lasted on their sandwiches for a couple of days, but that gig gets old very quickly. This time I want to go in with a plan hence the thread.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If you were at PRH i would have kept you fed and watered in a manner a fellow Albion fan deserves

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If you were at PRH i would have kept you fed and watered in a manner a fellow Albion fan deserves

I do like PRH, can always park there. I shall be up there for a CT scan next Fri, plus I guess I'll need a pre-op assessment up there too before the upcoming op.

I did have one unfortunate experience up there, first time I went. I had a cystoscopy under general, when I woke, I had a catheter in. Within an hour of returning to the ward one of the nurses took it out - I didn't know she was supposed to leave it til the next day. What followed was some of the most painful hours of my life where I wanted to pee but my bladder was swollen, so I couldn't. In the middle of the night they had to get the on-call doctor to put a new catheter in - which wasn't easy, but the relief as it went in and the pee was drained was absolute bliss after those hours of excruciating pain. I was told to complain about the nurse, but I didn't.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Oh well, if you are ever spend anytime over night at PRH let me know and I will sort you out, obviously not wishing anymore hospital time on you however.

All the best with the op.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here