Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coalition Government?

Would you vote for a coalition Government?

• Total voters

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Been reading a lot about coalition governments and wanted to ask a simple question. If, on every ballot paper we had a box for a full coalition government, (i.e put them all in room and get on with the f***ing job you are paid to do), would you tick that box?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you vote for a candidate, to represent your local area. theres not reason why they couldn't form a coalition.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Been reading a lot about coalition governments and wanted to ask a simple question. If, on every ballot paper we had a box for a full coalition government, (i.e put them all in room and get on with the f***ing job you are paid to do), would you tick that box?

Have you really thought about what you've posted? Are you including UKIP - who got 0 seats, or the Greens who got 1? And how would that coalition be made up if you aren't voting for a candidate of a particular party?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm not sure how one would go about voting for a coalition government. Not without some change to our voting system.

Do you mean, do you approve of coalition governments?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Would anything actually get agreed, bit like with Obama when no laws the democrats wanted got through the republican senate

Germany has worked on Coalision Governments just about exclusively since the second world war, and they are not doing too badly. Consensus politics can work.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't vote for it in the first place, but I would accept it readily if it happened and was needed..

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No.Look at the problems in Spain and Italy.It's ok for the Germans,they always obey orders.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I'm not sure how one would go about voting for a coalition government. Not without some change to our voting system.

Do you mean, do you approve of coalition governments?

Germany has worked on Coalision Governments just about exclusively since the second world war, and they are not doing too badly. Consensus politics can work.

This.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could they not include a party vote. Many have said they voted Green in Brighton as she is apparently a good local MP but as she was not realistically going to be in a majority party should they have the chance to vote for her as an MP and the party that they want to form the government ie Conservative or Labour or others if they make great inroads into the voting power.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Could they not include a party vote. Many have said they voted Green in Brighton as she is apparently a good local MP but as she was not realistically going to be in a majority party should they have the chance to vote for her as an MP and the party that they want to form the government ie Conservative or Labour or others if they make great inroads into the voting power.

Agreed. Not sure how this would require amending to our voting process, but I would look to the German system, as it seems to have done rather well for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here