Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New 3rd Kit

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Is last years 2nd Kit.

"Last season’s black and volt yellow away kit will become a third kit for the 2017/18 Premier League season, however the American Express logo on the back will not appear on the shirt next season due to Premier League regulations."

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/june/limited-time-to-buy-201617-promotion-kits/

Good move by the club, like with the crimson one last season, the poor mugs that shelled out £45 a top get another seasons wear out of it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Is last years 2nd Kit.

"Last season’s black and volt yellow away kit will become a third kit for the 2017/18 Premier League season, however the American Express logo on the back will not appear on the shirt next season due to Premier League regulations."

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/june/limited-time-to-buy-201617-promotion-kits/

Good move by the club, like with the crimson one last season, the poor mugs that shelled out £45 a top get another seasons wear out of it.

Poor mugs? It's a free country, they chose to buy the shirts. Just because you don't, doesn't make those who did "mugs". We all spend money on things that other people might not be interested in surely?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If buying an Albion shirt makes me a mug, then stick the kettle on and fill me with tea.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Poor mugs? It's a free country, they chose to buy the shirts. Just because you don't, doesn't make those who did "mugs". We all spend money on things that other people might not be interested in surely?
Easy tiger, that was not what I was saying, sorry if I seemed flippant, it was just a general comment about the cost of football tops. If you saw the amount of them that I own you would realise who the mug really is! I was challenged to wear a different football top to my weekly 5 aside and I easily lasted the year.

Gutted I didn’t get the 2nd now 3rd top last season as I’d have had two years of it being “current”, if that make sense. The whole changing them every year is a bit of a rip off and I am impressed that BHA has decided to keep the away kit as 3rd kit. I think that’s a good thing to do for the fans. I cynically thought that keeping the crimson one was because it had sold badly that they wanted to keep it on so as to shift the stock! Can’t say that about the black one as it seemed very popular.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Easy tiger, that was not what I was saying, sorry if I seemed flippant, it was just a general comment about the cost of football tops. If you saw the amount of them that I own you would realise who the mug really is! I was challenged to wear a different football top to my weekly 5 aside and I easily lasted the year.

Gutted I didn’t get the 2nd now 3rd top last season as I’d have had two years of it being “current”, if that make sense. The whole changing them every year is a bit of a rip off and I am impressed that BHA has decided to keep the away kit as 3rd kit. I think that’s a good thing to do for the fans. I cynically thought that keeping the crimson one was because it had sold badly that they wanted to keep it on so as to shift the stock! Can’t say that about the black one as it seemed very popular.

No worries :wink:

I'm fairly certain every one of them will have been the best selling shirts the Albion have ever had, simply because of the fan base and availability of shirts compared to the last time in Albion's history crowds were this large.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

I'm fairly certain every one of them will have been the best selling shirts the Albion have ever had, simply because of the fan base and availability of shirts compared to the last time in Albion's history crowds were this large.

I mug myself every time I enter anywhere selling football tops. My wife thinks I'm a fool, she'd not be too far wrong.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My son is going to be delighted. He LOVES his black away top.

Still wants the new home kit though. And the new official Premier League football. And FIFA 18.

The players and clubs may get an enormous pay rise out of this promotion but us parents certainly don't :cry:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I mug myself every time I enter anywhere selling football tops. My wife thinks I'm a fool, she'd not be too far wrong.

Bet she spends money on stuff that you'd consider a rip off :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I will buy any BHA top because 1. I want to have BHA tops and 2. I know my club is not run by a tin pot clown like so many others (if it were I would just wear my very old top from ages past).

That said I will wear my 1998 Priestfield era top a lot next season. Point to be made. And it is the most comfy and pleasing of all my tops.

ps Top = shirt. Sorry. Habit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here