Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayweather v McGregor

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
So they finally agree the deal for a reported (£78.4 potentially) million each.
Anyone think this is a complete mismatch or does McGregor actually have any hope here?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Surely Mayweather will totally outclass him. Far too quick. Although if it was an MMA fight you have to go for Mcgregor surely?

It's a obviously just a money maker so can't really take it too seriously. Will be a good watch though, and hopefully it'll go more than one round :lolol:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
So they finally agree the deal for a reported (£78.4 potentially) million each.
Anyone think this is a complete mismatch or does McGregor actually have any hope here?

Its a bloody farce to show people who no nothing about the craft of boxing, that it can't be learned overnight and takes years of hard specific work!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Great business by both athletes.

I'll watch as it's an interesting comparison between the two sports.

But it's most likely going to be a 12 rounder with Mayweather winning on points and McGregor not giving two shits as he's now set up for life and never has to fight again.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Mayweather vs McGregor Circus or Classic Sporting Contest?

Looks set for August, jury still out for me, will no doubt generate big money but is it really a credible contest?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What? How? They're boxing, so it doesn't look at MMA at all. You've got an undefeated boxer against a man who isn't a boxer.

Complete farce.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Great business by both athletes.

But it's most likely going to be a 12 rounder with Mayweather winning on points and McGregor not giving two shits as he's now set up for life and never has to fight again.

There's no way if Mayweather takes it seriously that McGregor will go the distance with him.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Load of bollocks if you ask me.

They'll play the game. There'll be a build up documentary to end all build up documentaries. They'll be hundreds of press conferences, there'll be threats, there'll be controversy. These two know how to make money.

The fight will be awful. Mayweather has proved himself time and time against the best BOXING has to offer. MMA is a different kettle of fish entirely.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
After this, they should do Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Usain Bolt.

As an aside has anyone else read Ronnie's running biography? Didn't appreciate he was of such a good standard and it was interesting to read how he runs to help manage his mental health issues.

Anyway the above is as good a analogy as any. Insulting to the sport of boxing to even think McGregor has a chance here. Just a question of when Mayweather feels like finishing the job...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What? How? They're boxing, so it doesn't look at MMA at all. You've got an undefeated boxer against a man who isn't a boxer.

Complete farce.

Indeed.

You'd have to fancy McGregor in the (MMA) rematch, though :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here