Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton sack manager

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Utter madness he did only get them to 8th which is worse than their 6th under Koeman but he had the luxury of managing them during a season when all of the big guns did their very best not to win matches or the title.

Saints have had a very good season again

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Why did they do that? Have I missed something? Seems like only yesterday we tore past them on the race to the Championship.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Great news. It means there is now a more attractive vacancy than Palace, so if a good candidate for either job emerges he will surely go to Southampton over Selhurst. I'm still hoping Hodgson is in with a chance there.

Sean Dyche favourite for the Palace job according to a Palace supporter in the office today

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
They have been extremely dull for most of the season but I hear that the players had turned against him by the end of the season. No surprise down here as the rumours had started before the end of the season!

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Style of play I hear

Correct. It was painful to watch at times.

Though it does look harsh ( 8th, cup final etc ) we only finished 8th because it was a poor season overall from 8th down.
One of the biggest disappointments for most fans was our failure to get out of the group stages of Europa league.

I think he is a good manager, but his style of play isn't suited to the premier league.
Tuchel from Dortmund is the early favourite with the bookies and has been mooted around the past couple of weeks. Would be incredible if we can pull it off. Would get the fans and players ( if papers are to be believed ) back on side.

The sacking of puel should at least increase season ticket sales that have been awfully slow up to now.

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Another foreign run club
Saints fans I know despair at the ownership

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Another foreign run club
Saints fans I know despair at the ownership

Really? How so?

Markus saved us, and when he sadly passed away a year into the project, it was passed onto his daughter,
Back to back promotions, European football. Wembley final... £35m+ training ground... Think we have been exceptionally well run for years.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am convinced that some Owners of Football Clubs do these things to get their names in the Papers and Publicity for their Companies Globally.

It's not good publicity but it gets the names of their companies on TV all round the world. I often wonder why they feel that the cost of sacking a fairly successful manager can be cost effective but the Compensation payments are tax deductible and weighed up against the cost they would incur advertising their Companies. Financially they probably even each other out, so for me it can only be to show how personally powerful and successful they are.

The aftermath on peoples lives they don't seem to give a shit about.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I am convinced that some Owners of Football Clubs do these things to get their names in the Papers and Publicity for their Companies Globally.

It's not good publicity but it gets the names of their companies on TV all round the world. I often wonder why they feel that the cost of sacking a fairly successful manager can be cost effective but the Compensation payments are tax deductible and weighed up against the cost they would incur advertising their Companies. Financially they probably even each other out, so for me it can only be to show how personally powerful and successful they are.

The aftermath on peoples lives they don't seem to give a shit about.

First manager we've sacked since 2013.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
First manager we've sacked since 2013.

My post was a Generalisation but Hey, in those interim years you had Pochetino and Koeman who walked out on you and sadly them walking out doesn't get the Owners company the Publicity they crave.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here