Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-war Worthing

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I didn't realise electric trains were around in 1939, really interesting film. Carpenters with only hand tools, how things have changed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pre war Adolf Hitler appears at 20.55. Never knew he had visited Worthing.

Yes, and after a bit of slap and tickle, created a local lineage that has manifested on NSC in the guise of #detleted#

Jul 7, 2003
Love the bloke working on a roof in a pair of badly fitted wellies. No health & safety to worry about back then!.

Some great old footage of Tarring and West Worthing where I grew up (about 40 years later!)

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Reassuring to know that people have been queuing at West Worthing crossing for over 70 years. I'm sure some of the people in that video have been stuck there since the footage was taken.

Jul 7, 2003
Reassuring to know that people have been queuing at West Worthing crossing for over 70 years. I'm sure some of the people in that video have been stuck there since the footage was taken.

Most of the crossing footage is from Worthing station. You can tell because of the empty space to the left which is still waste ground today behind the houses on Pavilion Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here