Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not confident about next season. Possible bed wetting fodder.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
With the fixture list out today and seeing the teams. It's kinda put doubt in my mind about how this coming season is going to turn out.

Aswell as our track record when it comes to buying players too. Since getting into the premier league you would think it would be easier to attract more players, yet in our case thats not the way it's turned out.
Sure we're scouting around Australia which in my opinion arent good enough and other places but the players we have seem to be interested in either don't want to come to us or we're not willing to pay the going rate for players.

I honestly believe we're in for a rude awakening this season if money isn't spent and i can quite easy seeing us being the whipping boys of the premier league.

Now i will probably get the hardcore elite right wing Brighton fan calling me a bed wetter or whatever but hey such is life. I just hope i am forced to eat humble pie and we finish in a respectable position.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You're aware that a lot of players are on holiday, and the transfer window isn't open yet right? There really has not been that many signings at any level so far...

SteveTheSeagull

Feb 14, 2015
You're aware that a lot of players are on holiday, and the transfer window isn't open yet right? There really has not been that many signings at any level so far...

I wasn't actually aware and with that it makes me feel abit of a din lol. Thanks for clarifying that up for me though.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
I hope you get forced to eat something after such a sh**e post.

1. Were you unaware of the teams in the Premier League prior to todays fixtures announcement?

2. It's not even mid-June yet and Man City apart, most clubs have signed one or no players as of yet. Are they struggling as well?

3. Our transfer track-record under Hughton is almost impeccable. Why would that change now he has a bigger budget and a club that has made headlines in the Championship all season.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If we start the first game of Sept. with the same team we drew at Villa with (Stockdale excepted), you may have a point but I'd hope for at least 5 new players in by then.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With the fixture list out today and seeing the teams. It's kinda put doubt in my mind about how this coming season is going to turn out.

Aswell as our track record when it comes to buying players too. Since getting into the premier league you would think it would be easier to attract more players, yet in our case thats not the way it's turned out.
Sure we're scouting around Australia which in my opinion arent good enough and other places but the players we have seem to be interested in either don't want to come to us or we're not willing to pay the going rate for players.

I honestly believe we're in for a rude awakening this season if money isn't spent and i can quite easy seeing us being the whipping boys of the premier league.

Now i will probably get the hardcore elite right wing Brighton fan calling me a bed wetter or whatever but hey such is life. I just hope i am forced to eat humble pie and we finish in a respectable position.
Yes, I agree the fixture list is scary !

Let's hope the recuitment team etc. also recognise this.

Plenty of time yet though - However I must admit I am now 'worrying' about central midfield if we go for Mooy as our only further addition in that area.

SteveTheSeagull

Feb 14, 2015
Well it looks like this thread is good for making jests. So i'll just leave it as a sign of defeat on my part. Have fun boys and girls. I'm going to logoff now before i make even more of a fool of myself.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Until a left back and keeper have signed on the dotted line, I feel uneasy.

We need points straight from the off as the finish could kill us. Nearly think we could be in the top six during the first two months. Then reality will sink in.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
At the end of the day its going to be a very tough season especially compared to the last 2. I personally will just enjoy the ride and hope for 17th and above. No matter what happens will be a great season

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We've signed (statistically at least) one of the best midfielders in the Bundesliga and set to sign an international, highly-rated, young keeper ALREADY.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surprise, surprise, next season might be a lot harder than last season - points much harder to come by. I've no idea as yet how well we'll do, but if we are struggling at any point it seems perfectly fair that we might discuss it. But ffs, can we do away with that dreadful phrase 'bed wetter' - surely even its most enthusiastic exponents should have grown out of it by now?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Until a left back and keeper have signed on the dotted line, I feel uneasy.

We need points straight from the off as the finish could kill us. Nearly think we could be in the top six during the first two months. Then reality will sink in.

We need a right back too.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You've only just seen the Prem teams? Bizarre, I would imagine 99.99% of the rest of us knew who were in the Prem for the forthcoming season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here