Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a Fleetwood Mac fan?

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
A group that sold more records in a year - ahead of The Beatles and Elvis. Interesting that band was called that before John McVie was onboard.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like a bit of 'Oh Well' but not so much lately.

At their peak (around the time of Rhiannon, The Chain and Go Your Own Way, IMHO) they were pretty impressive, but not a long term interest for me. In fact, thinking about it, take those three songs, chuck in Green Manalishi, Oh Well, and Man of the World, and that'd do me for my Fleetwood Mac collection................

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Rumours is one of probably only a handful of albums in the history of popular music that's solid gold from start to finish. Very few so called 'classic' albums can make that claim.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oooohhh another great thread!

Yes I love all the era's: Green et al for the blues merging into something all together more interesting. The Kirwin - Welch period for it's US country rock and general introspection. The Nicks era for some of the best rock/pop music ever recorded.

Gold dust woman is simply awe inspiring.

They're no Deep purple, but they'll do.

;)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Slightly off topic....but going back in time Rick Wakeman was on Desert Island Discs this past Sunday worth a listen on Iplayer

His six wives album remains one of the best musical discoveries of my life. What a legend.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Rumours is one of probably only a handful of albums in the history of popular music that's solid gold from start to finish. Very few so called 'classic' albums can make that claim.

This. Brilliant Album.

Saw a documentary on them some time ago, amazing that they stuck together with all the conflict and inter-personal relationship cr@p that was going on with them for years.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Agreed. I'm not the world's biggest Fleetwood Mac fan, I've got Rumours and a couple of other albums, none from the Peter Green era, but I do adore Rumours and it is a stone-cold classic. To be honest, I find the stories about them and their history far more interesting than their music.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've read a little on Peter Green and from what I can gather, of all the British musicians inspired by the Blues to pick up a guitar and play, he was considered the very best of his era. Would it be fair to say that? He paid one hell of a price for fame though. Mick Fleetwood got out pretty much unscathed except for a wobbly end to the 80s with some dodgy acting in the Running Man and playing straight man to Sam Fox.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here