Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: Family Mediation Meetings

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Going for first meeting tomorrow... solo meeting first, then probably 3-4 meetings with soon-to-be-ex.

Any advice from people on here that have been through the system? Do's and Don't's? Anything you wished you'd known before you'd started?

Cheers ;-)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My best advice is don't sell yourself short. It's an emotional time and you will feel guilty ( whether you are or not ). Don't agree to any suggestions in the meetings - say you'd like time to go away and think about it before agreeing / disagreeing. I gave away a lot that in hindsight was foolish. Also make sure you know your rights and what you're entitled to.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My best advice is don't sell yourself short. It's an emotional time and you will feel guilty ( whether you are or not ). Don't agree to any suggestions in the meetings - say you'd like time to go away and think about it before agreeing / disagreeing. I gave away a lot that in hindsight was foolish. Also make sure you know your rights and what you're entitled to.

we don't often agree but this is good advice

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
not enough info mate but at the end of the day she is probably going to try to rinse you out .....so be careful what you say ......good luck.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire

Thanks mate. Good advice, esp about time to think about things, and knowing my rights. Cheers.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Never been there as our split was fairly amicable. Just wish you good luck fella, and yes, stand up for yourself, it's hard, especially if you have children, she holds most of the cards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here