Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This site is unusable without being logged in

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The Ads are ridiculous, they take up the whole page, obscure threads and often make clicking on a thread or page number impossible.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I noticed you saying you would try to fix this a while ago, please do, it's driving me nuts, and anyone who is not a registered member here won't be able.or willing to use the site for very long.

I'm all for NSC raising as much ad revenue as possible, but not to the point that it makes the site unusable without logging in!

Thanks.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the specific problem is it's very difficult to log in, since the transparency of the ads are over laying the login area. It's complete hit and miss if you can access it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's a free message board, run by a fan in his spare time. Just log in and quit being a little bitch.

I don't think it's [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s intention to make the site this difficult to use without logging in. I'm also thinking of those Albion fans who like to read posts on here but are not members.

Like I said, ads are fine, this site has been depending on ads for a long time without issue, but these current ads have basically made this a members only board. We might as well only allow access to members and give everyone else a "you do not have permission to view this thread" message, which I'm pretty sure is not what we want at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's no intention to make the site horrible to use. I hate sites like that as much as everyone else.

I didn't get the chance to look this week but I will in the next 24 hours or so and will make sure I regularly check the site as a guest as it seems the ad networks are able to apply ads of the type I didn't think was possible.

There's always likely to be more ads when you're not logged in than when you are logged in but they should not be overly intrusive.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There's no intention to make the site horrible to use. I hate sites like that as much as everyone else.

I didn't get the chance to look this week but I will in the next 24 hours or so and will make sure I regularly check the site as a guest as it seems the ad networks are able to apply ads of the type I didn't think was possible.

There's always likely to be more ads when you're not logged in than when you are logged in but they should not be overly intrusive.

Great, thanks!

:)

Tis the internet, I don't bother with newspaper articles and links now, esp local rags like the Arsegas etc. as they are unreadable

The Argus website is MUCH better than it used to be, they've had a revamp recently. It doesn't like the fact that I use Adblock with Firefox but at least I don't have to wait ages for loads of unwanted videos to download.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
On the mobile ok.
On the laptop, impossible although I do agree with logging on.
But wanted a quick lurk the other day and gave up, I clicked on a thread and a cruise ship kept popping up. Same with page numbers.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm always logged in on my laptop and main office computer. I use the wife's tablet occasionally and find it impossible to log in let alone read anything and, not being my tablet, don't want to be logged in all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here