Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Football Match of the 2016/17 Season

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
When does the season end? I got away with going to every home and away match following my beloved Albion, convincing my Wife that May 7th was the end of the season, but that was five weeks ago.
Then along came the play-offs, last PL games, FA Cup, Champions League, England v Scotland and today the U20 World Cup Final.
I can skip the France game but Wednesday is the 2017/18 fixtures. I've already got in the mood for August 6th so can I assure her that there is a 7.5 week break?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
When does the season end? I got away with going to every home and away match following my beloved Albion, convincing my Wife that May 7th was the end of the season, but that was five weeks ago.
Then along came the play-offs, last PL games, FA Cup, Champions League, England v Scotland and today the U20 World Cup Final.
I can skip the France game but Wednesday is the 2017/18 fixtures. I've already got in the mood for August 6th so can I assure her that there is a 7.5 week break?

2nd July, when The Confederations Cup Final finishes?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Hopefully Europa League qualifiers begin before the Confederations Cup ends - so there is actually no end at all - just an overlap between seasons.

Think I'm right in saying that Bala (Wales) have their first pre-season friendly next weekend against Linfield of NI.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hopefully Europa League qualifiers begin before the Confederations Cup ends - so there is actually no end at all - just an overlap between seasons.

Think I'm right in saying that Bala (Wales) have their first pre-season friendly next weekend against Linfield of NI.

Europa League qualifying starts on 29th June, so I guess the seasons do overlap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here