Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the voting age be raised?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

With the labour Party getting the kids vote and clearly changing the political map.

Do you feel that at 18 years old have any experience in life to vote in politics?

A lot of these voters could just have been 11 years old when Labour were in power before, should they be allowed to vote???

I was gullible at 18 years old if someone promises you the earth, you believe it, you don't understand how they get the earth to you and probably don't care.

This is not meant to be an attack at the youth but you guys have a long time on this planet and in life you will be learning a lot.

Sounds harsh..................but fair.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was a gullible 18 year old and voted Thatcher in 1983, on that basis no. However, as gullible as you may be at 18 you are seen as a grown up and therefore should have the right to vote.

I'm more concerned that I am up at this time of a Saturday morning and on my second cuppa!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There are plenty of adults in their mid twenties who don't understand basic politics and vote based on the influences of their friends or social media.

It has to start somewhere and 18 is as good an age as any. Labour were very smart in trying to appeal to the youngest voters who had no political allegiance

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
With the labour Party getting the kids vote and clearly changing the political map.

Do you feel that at 18 years old have any experience in life to vote in politics?

A lot of these voters could just have been 11 years old when Labour were in power before, should they be allowed to vote???

I was gullible at 18 years old if someone promises you the earth, you believe it, you don't understand how they get the earth to you and probably don't care.

This is not meant to be an attack at the youth but you guys have a long time on this planet and in life you will be learning a lot.

Sounds harsh..................but fair.

Sounds harsh = true
But fair = untrue
Patronising = true

What next, take away the vote from women, as bless them they really don't understand politics.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
What about second childhood? No one over say 65 should vote either. In fact lets just say 30-64 to be on the safe side.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They interviewed a girl yesterday who said she doesn't read the newspapers but made her decision based on what she read on social media. She probably voted for the candidate who posted the most you tube clips of a panda falling over.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They interviewed a girl yesterday who said she doesn't read the newspapers but made her decision based on what she read on social media. She probably voted for the candidate who posted the most you tube clips of a panda falling over.

There was a huge momentum for the commies on my fb. One woman said she'd voted for the reds based on another blokes rants. You couldn't make it up.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

:clap2::clap2: How frighteningly true that is

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would ban all of the following groups from voting:

Anyone under 25
Women
The Unemployed
Any student not captured by the above
Anyone not born in this country
Anyone not living in this country
Muslims
Scottish people

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Because reading a newspaper regularly is definitely the way to get honest unbiased information ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's ban thick people voting too as they don't have enough mental capacity to understand the issues.

Sounds harsh........ But fair

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have suggested an aptitude test for voting.

D

Deleted member 2719

Sounds harsh = true
But fair = untrue
Patronising = true

What next, take away the vote from women, as bless them they really don't understand politics.

I suppose it depends on what type of woman, Essex women could be a good area to exclude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here