Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election Post Match Ratings

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just back from the game, thought I'd get these ratings in before the replay.

Labour

Corbyn - Captain's performance, dealt with early pressure, his growing confidence allowed the team to express themselves before showing great moments of personal skill late on. 9
McDonnell - A wisely subdued effort from the enforcer demonstrating how effective he is when he keeps his head. An unselfish display that contributed much behind the scenes but left the showmanship to others more capable. 6
Abbot - One campaign too far for the old warhorse, lucky not to have been sent off before injury brought an premature end to her display. 2
Thornbury - Fully recovered from her slip up of 2015, she rewarded the manager's faith with a courageous display. One mark off for an over effusive and premature celebration. 8
Gardener - A tricky customer who wasn't afraid to stand up for himself on the big stage. Protected Corbyn superbly. 8
Watson - Will be disappointed with his effort. Was he even on the pitch? 3

Conservative

May - By far the worst game she's had for the club. Maybe the worst game anyone's had for the club. Surely there's no way back from this? 0
Hammond - Made a big mistake early on and then disappeared. Very disappointing from a normally consistent performer. 2
Johnson - Quiet start and consistently outgunned in key moments. 3
Rudd - A bright spark in a terrible team performance. Did a solid job when left exposed by her colleagues and will be very relieved to have emerged from the debacle with some credit. 6
Fallon - Cynical hacker brought into the team to do a job on the opposition star man. Dealt with effectively by Thornbury and was never the same afterwards. 3
Davis - A lot of pre-match talk about his plan came to no fruition. Communication seemed lacking and didn't appear to be on the same page as his team mates. Frustrating. 3

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just back from the game, thought I'd get these ratings in before the replay.

Labour

Corbyn - Captain's performance, dealt with early pressure, his growing confidence allowed the team to express themselves before showing great moments of personal skill late on. 9
McDonnell - A wisely subdued effort from the enforcer demonstrating how effective he is when he keeps his head. An unselfish display that contributed much behind the scenes but left the showmanship to others more capable. 6
Abbot - One campaign too far for the old warhorse, lucky not to have been sent off before injury brought an premature end to her display. 2
Thornbury - Fully recovered from her slip up of 2015, she rewarded the manager's faith with a courageous display. One mark off for an over effusive and premature celebration. 8
Gardener - A tricky customer who wasn't afraid to stand up for himself on the big stage. Protected Corbyn superbly. 8
Watson - Will be disappointed with his effort. Was he even on the pitch? 3

Conservative

May - By far the worst game she's had for the club. Maybe the worst game anyone's had for the club. Surely there's no way back from this? 0
Hammond - Made a big mistake early on and then disappeared. Very disappointing from a normally consistent performer. 2
Johnson - Quiet start and consistently outgunned in key moments. 3
Rudd - A bright spark in a terrible team performance. Did a solid job when left exposed by her colleagues and will be very relieved to have emerged from the debacle with some credit. 6
Fallon - Cynical hacker brought into the team to do a job on the opposition star man. Dealt with effectively by Thornbury and was never the same afterwards. 3
Davis - A lot of pre-match talk about his plan came to no fruition. Communication seemed lacking and didn't appear to be on the same page as his team mates. Frustrating. 3

Not often a gaffer gets a 9 when his team is comfortably beaten.

I'm not pro-May btw, but find the labour triumphalism bizarre.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I think the fact the a Reds actually won seats, while the much fancied Blue side lost them is a victory of sorts. If the Blues hadn't won seats away in Scotland, against the Yellows, their position would have been even worse. The Blues winning the league.by Christmas was meant to be the only game in town at the start of the season.
The Labour triumphalism is as much to do with May cocking up, as their own performance, a bit like us celebrating Palaces performance in th 2016 Cup final

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The blues started the match 3-0 up from the first leg so their manager passed tactics over to the goalkeeper coach for the second leg and the tie has gone to penalties. 3-0 and you ****ed it up

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This is where I am a little. I very much want May out.

I struggle with the success for Labour being that Corbyn didn't do as badly as expected.......

However, to his credit he has come across more of a leader than May, and has gone up in my estimation.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Plucky underdog isn't he. Took his second division side to extra time against the Premier League champions in the cup. It's kinda irrelevant that the plucky underdog is an ex-Champions League winning team who've spent £1bn under his leadership to try and get back to the top after two successive relegations with him in charge.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mrs May a relatively new manager of the team following the team crashing out of the Champions League last season. On current form they have not been competing for the Champions League or Europa League and look like a team that is now content to just bobble along in mid table and show no signs of wanting to get back into Europe

Despite their new mid table status Mrs May has been shouting out I am the special one all the time and when the team win it is all down to her tactical genius. In the recent match up Mrs May has refused all pre game interviews and instead just released clips from the teams own TV station where she has been been saying she is strong and stable (Ed - Did she mean her team was defensively strong and they had a stable line up?)

During the game the older home supporters got upset and started booing Mrs May after it was revealed that the club are removing concessions for the elderly but refused to say what the new higher prices will be.

On the pitch strange tactics were employed Mrs May as she kept some of her star performers on the bench or gave them defensive roles and refused to let them attack the opposition. It was fortunate that the team suffered no injuries as the physio/team doctor Jeremy Hunt was not seen in the ground.

It what was seen as a home banker before the game proved anything but. With Mrs May looking as if her team may not progress due a poor goal difference, she played a tactical masterstroke and brought on ten loan players from DUP who play in the Northern Ireland league and didn't remove any players and just bumped over the line in stoppage time.

On this form Mrs May faces a tough few months ahead to retain her position as manager.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Nearly got a deserved red card in stoppage time though, which she never saw coming and she's now realised the constituency part of her game is horrendous and she has serious questions to ask herself over how she can avoid this in the future.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Labours/Corbyns celebrations i also find it bizare , like saying if we are beaten 4-2 we won because we were beaten 4-0 last week.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Labours/Corbyns celebrations i also find it bizare , like saying if we are beaten 4-2 we won because we were beaten 4-0 last week.

A bit like when Huddersfield ruined us 7-1 and then we only lost 4-2 on the following saturday to Stockport, clear improvement.

Diane Abbott would have struggled with those numbers.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

This game may still go to extra time though, maybe Corbyn supporters can sense an outrageous victory in the long run?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Reds plucky underdogs who had a terrible pre-season scoring endless own goals managed to find a bit of team spirit by pretending they weren't on the same side as the Captain. Overachieved big time.

Blues took the opposition and the crowd for granted, failed to turn up .. shocking display. Captain had a mare. Should have been 5-0 ended up 3-2 with a possible replay.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
General Election Post Match Ratings
You've given Abbott the same as Hammond, even though she was so bad that we think she's suffering from dementia. And you've give her 2 more than the winner.

If this was football, it was Sunderland against Chelsea, and Sunderland did better than we expected, they gave Chelsea a fright and took them to extra time, but Sunderland still lost. In that situation would you really be giving Sunderland double the score of Chelsea?

No.

In summary, your scores are a load of crap.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You've given Abbott the same as Hammond, even though she was so bad that we think she's suffering from dementia. And you've give her 2 more than the winner.

If this was football, it was Sunderland against Chelsea, and Sunderland did better than we expected, they gave Chelsea a fright and took them to extra time, but Sunderland still lost. In that situation would you really be giving Sunderland double the score of Chelsea?

No.

It's supposed to be a fairly light hearted parody of a match thread.

The binfest is in the other thread.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

No.

Next season we get stuffed at Stamford Bridge 6-0.....Return at the Amex we lose 6-2.....will there be mass celebrations on NSC ????

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Diane Abbott actually got a stonking result, winning 75% of the votes in her constituency, an increase of 11,000 - so they obviously like her. Maybe she only gets noticed when she drops the ball.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The blues started the match 3-0 up from the first leg so their manager passed tactics over to the goalkeeper coach for the second leg and the tie has gone to penalties. 3-0 and you ****ed it up

That's the way I see it. All to play for. It ain't over yet. Possibly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here