Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Pubs in Birmingham - Saturday Night

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I am off to watch the cricket tomorrow at Edgbaston, then out in the evening in Birmingham, can anyone recommend any decent pubs? No doubt will be slightly merry after drinking all day, but would be great to find a pub with a bit of an atmosphere.

Cheers.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am off to watch the cricket tomorrow at Edgbaston, then out in the evening in Birmingham, can anyone recommend any decent pubs? No doubt will be slightly merry after drinking all day, but would be great to find a pub with a bit of an atmosphere.

Cheers.

Theres a Bar called Peeky Blinders close to Ikea in centre of town, which advertises as follow.

No Food. No Free WIFI. No children. Just Beer and spirits. Has a bit of an edge t it and the barmaids behind the bar dress like the Peeky Blinders in the TV Series. A bit rough and ready which is good.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I usually go for a beer in Moseley village during lunch and after the game, it's only a 10 minute walk from the ground. Always a decent atmosphere there and a few pubs to choose from.

Broad street is their version of west street in the evening, it depends what your after but I find you can't go wrong in that area and there's something for everyone.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Harborne is walkable from Edgbaston and has loads of pubs. My favourite is The Plough on the High Street, especially if you are looking to eat.

For a drink in the city centre, with decent beers, there's the Welington, Post Office Vaults, Shakespeare, Old Joint Stock, Old Contemptibles, Cosy Club, Lost and Found, all within a few hundred yards of each other. If you're more of a lager drinker, I'd go for All Bar One on BrindleyPlace.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I usually go for a beer in Moseley village during lunch and after the game, it's only a 10 minute walk from the ground. Always a decent atmosphere there and a few pubs to choose from.

Broad street is their version of west street in the evening, it depends what your after but I find you can't go wrong in that area and there's something for everyone.

This. Moseley is where I go when meeting my Blues mates when we play them, nice pubs and less loons than Broad Street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here