Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a Brexit Poll next week

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
..odd question I know and no agenda.

I've posted on here that I was a relunctant remainer deeply suspicious of big beaucracy.

Throw your own beliefs to one side and suggest what the result would be now after what we have learnt...

So not a poll - how do you think OTHERS would vote if asked again.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Who knows - polling is all over the place.

I was a remainer but not unduly put out by Brexit. I don't know how I would vote in another poll.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

I've posted on here that I was a relunctant remainer deeply suspicious of big beaucracy.

Throw your own beliefs to one side and suggest what the result would be now after what we have learnt...

I honestly reckon it would be remain by about 55%-60% i have heard way too many people say that they feel duped having voted Brexit based on lies and that stupid ****ing bus

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I honestly reckon it would be remain by about 55%-60% i have heard way too many people say that they feel duped having voted Brexit based on lies and that stupid ****ing bus

No no lies and easy answers are the way to go .. add another 100 million to the bus claim and they will hoover up the people who believed the Labour manifesto.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I strongly believe the majority want stay but with massive reform.

This car crash started with the in or out vote.

Many remainers forced to campaign on something they were deeply troubled with.

What you ended up with was the frothing in the mouth leavers versus the smug remainers.

A debate which continues on here to this day....

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I strongly believe the majority want stay but with massive reform.

This car crash started with the in or out vote.

Many remainers forced to campaign on something they were deeply troubled with.

What you ended up with was the frothing in the mouth leavers versus the smug remainers.

A debate which continues on here to this day....

I agree with that too.. but i do think it will swing to remain

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

What options on the ballot?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If the young voted in the same numbers as they seem to have in this election then remain would win, I think.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What options on the ballot?
I think to get a more accurate record of public opinion.

1) Hard Leave

2) Stay as is

3) Stay with reforms

That"s what Cameron got wrong.

3) Would have won and he would gone into negotiations with a mandate.

We are grown ups. You don"t have to decide a nations future on the toss of a coin.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
More leave voters are dead and more remain voters are eligible to vote, so I reckon remain would win.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I voted leave. Without going over old ground too much, I voted leave because I fundamentally disagree with the move toward a federal Europe and have been suspicious of the EU since they bulldozed the Lisbon treaty through and Brown reneged on his promise of a vote.

But I believe you have to take a pragmatic view sometimes, and at the moment I'm not sure if Brexit is deliverable by anyone. I would love us to leave and truly believe we'd be better off in the long term if we take back the power of self governance from the EU, but at the moment we have a set of politicians who can't run a bath, let alone a country.

At this point I would take rolling back on Brexit in the short term but agree a long term plan with the EU on how to remove us so it's mutually beneficial for everyone.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
George Osbourne says "Hard Brexit is in the bin", hopefully now some common sense

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Now we have hung parliament I'm hoping for a Con/Lib Dem coalition with the Lib Dems only agreeing to be a part of it if we have another vote on berexit needing a 55% majority to start the leave process

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Now we have hung parliament I'm hoping for a Con/Lib Dem coalition with the Lib Dems only agreeing to be a part of it if we have another vote on berexit needing a 55% majority to start the leave process

It won't happen with the Lib Dems. The DUP have a very different view on the single market, gonna be interesting

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think people would remain. All of the Leavers I know and have spoken to have back tracked quite substantially.

Ultimately, I think people are realising that, whilst the EU is not perfect, it's our own system and our own politicians and our own politics that most people are unhappy with. This election has shown that with the utterly dreadful options we've had to vote for, and most people still feeling that they're simply not heard.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Leave .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here