Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arcade fire

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The darlings of NSC; always been a fan myself. Awkward times in the Butler household over sexual assault allegations. Removed from Canadian radio station playlists. The tour goes ahead. Herr Tubthumper conflicted by the news?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I wonder what's going to happen with this.

I have tickets to see them in December. They're a great band to see live.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Loved their Albums up till Everything Now which had quite a bit of filler and didnt really like the new one at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The darlings of NSC; always been a fan myself. Awkward times in the Butler household over sexual assault allegations. Removed from Canadian radio station playlists. The tour goes ahead. Herr Tubthumper conflicted by the news?

Big fan and like Pogue Mahone, disturbed by this. It seems to follow the usual path for people in positions of power i.e. accusation, denial, shoe-horn the mention of past demons and struggles into the conversation, broad and vague apology for 'anyone hurt.' The next phase is overwelhming evidence and withdrawal from the public eye. I do not feel good about this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Huge existential dilemma for support act [Leslie] Feist:

"To stay on tour would symbolise I was either defending or ignoring the harm caused by Win Butler and to leave would imply I was the judge and jury," she wrote.

On the opening dates of Arcade Fire's tour in Dublin, she instead donated her proceeds to the local chapter of Women's Aid, which helps victims of domestic abuse.

However, she then went on to explain her decision to pull out.

"The last two nights on stage, my songs made this decision for me," she wrote.

"Hearing them through this lens was incongruous with what I've worked to clarify for myself through my whole career. I've always written songs to name my own subtle difficulties, aspire to my best self and claim responsibility when I need to.

"And I'm claiming my responsibility now and going home."

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Big fan and like Pogue Mahone, disturbed by this. It seems to follow the usual path for people in positions of power i.e. accusation, denial, shoe-horn the mention of past demons and struggles into the conversation, broad and vague apology for 'anyone hurt.' The next phase is overwelhming evidence and withdrawal from the public eye. I do not feel good about this.

You can add to that the loyal wife standing by him, as he couldn't possibly have done what is claimed, looking at the latest BBC article:

"Meanwhile, Butler's wife and fellow Arcade Fire member Régine Chassagne released a statement in defence of Butler.

"I know what is in his heart, and I know he has never, and would never, touch a woman without her consent and I am certain he never did," she said.

"He has lost his way and he has found his way back. I love him and love the life we have created together." "

She even seems to be contradicting herself in that statement! He did nothing but lost his way!

All very Sir Norman Fry/Little Britain, but real world and potentially tragic.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can add to that the loyal wife standing by him, as he couldn't possibly have done what is claimed, looking at the latest BBC article:

"Meanwhile, Butler's wife and fellow Arcade Fire member Régine Chassagne released a statement in defence of Butler.

"I know what is in his heart, and I know he has never, and would never, touch a woman without her consent and I am certain he never did," she said.

"He has lost his way and he has found his way back. I love him and love the life we have created together." "

She even seems to be contradicting herself in that statement! He did nothing but lost his way!

Agree.

I see the support has now pulled out of the tour and gone home to Canada; I have tickets to see them at the end of September.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Huge existential dilemma for support act [Leslie] Feist:

"To stay on tour would symbolise I was either defending or ignoring the harm caused by Win Butler and to leave would imply I was the judge and jury," she wrote.

On the opening dates of Arcade Fire's tour in Dublin, she instead donated her proceeds to the local chapter of Women's Aid, which helps victims of domestic abuse.

However, she then went on to explain her decision to pull out.

"The last two nights on stage, my songs made this decision for me," she wrote.

"Hearing them through this lens was incongruous with what I've worked to clarify for myself through my whole career. I've always written songs to name my own subtle difficulties, aspire to my best self and claim responsibility when I need to.

"And I'm claiming my responsibility now and going home."

I think she has handled this situation, which was nothing to do with her but heavily impacting, very well.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Just to clarify Win Butler has said he and his wife had an ‘Unconventional relationship ‘ and she knew he had flings with other women. Maybe she did the same ?
She’s questioning the allegation that he committed sexual assault, not that his moral compass maybe pointing in a different direction to most people.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just to clarify Win Butler has said he and his wife had an ‘Unconventional relationship ‘ and she knew he had flings with other women. Maybe she did the same ?
She’s questioning the allegation that he committed sexual assault, not that his moral compass maybe pointing in a different direction to most people.
That’s how I saw it….I thought the contradiction suggestion was based on assumption

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fair point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here