Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music That Passed You By - Now Discovered

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The Dandy Warhols At the time loved Bohemian Like You and thought they were a one-hit wonder. Then found You Were My Last High six months or so ago which led me to find tracks such as Sleep; STYGGO; Mohammed; Talk Radio; Godless; You Are Killing Me etc.

Marillion loved them first time around but discovered the re-incarnation with tracks such as When I Meet God; You're Gone; etc

Last edited:

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Mark Eitzel. Latest album is fantastic - working my way backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Queen
Have been given the whole back catalogue, so slowly working my way through.

I was fortunate to live through the whole of Queen's reign. I went to their free concert in Hyde Park in 1976 - my sister was more of a fan at the time (which partially influenced me) I was less 'commercial' but looking back they've made some fabulous music - just wish Freddie was still around.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Only discovered Muse a couple of years back.

Absolutely love them now

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was fortunate to live through the whole of Queen's reign. I went to their free concert in Hyde Park in 1976 - my sister was more of a fan at the time (which partially influenced me) I was less 'commercial' but looking back they've made some fabulous music - just wish Freddie was still around.

It's always good to vary your musical tastes, as I was always totally R&B.
As well as Queen, I'm catching up with Bauhaus and Pink Floyd.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Again I'm old enough to remember buying Pink Floyd albums as they came out. I'm glad you're discovering them. As you say musical diversity is key really - I love all sorts folk; rock; classical; jazz; blues; etc. etc.

Have you tried Cat Stevens? Catch Bull At Four.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Again I'm old enough to remember buying Pink Floyd albums as they came out. I'm glad you're discovering them. As you say musical diversity is key really - I love all sorts folk; rock; classical; jazz; blues; etc. etc.

Have you tried Cat Stevens? Catch Bull At Four.

Will YT now :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I'm somewhat in a different direction having got Queen and Pink Floyd albums when they were released. I really like the current trend for releasing a back catalogue on cd for a reasonable price. I am currently working my way through the entire Marvin Gaye album collection having previously not taken too much interest.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
After having to watch guardians of the galaxy 1 and then 2 back to back, The Chain by Fleetwood Mac! I'd obviously heard the end years ago as an F1 enthusiast but never heard the first part! When 'Starlord' takes on his dad 'Ego' I was blown away in the cinema. I'm younger than 40 if that helps...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I have mentioned the Leftover Cuties before on here, but I still think they're brill'
Also Anderson Paak, I've recently discovered :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Until I met Mrs P my entire idea of reggae was based on UB40, and I hated it. She however, is a massive fan and has slowly but surely indoctrinated me over the last 16 years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here