Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Huddlestone

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I see he has a 2 Million release claue after relegation with Hull.

Still only 30, lovely passer of a football, can really dictate a game and bags of Premier League experience.

Would you be interested ?.. I know would and knows Hughton well.

West Brom interested after losing Fletcher by all accounts... but I think we should be in on this one.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Still a good player who would be a great addition to the squad - loved him at Spurs not sure of his form since.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Would be a good signing for you - Age is of little concern for Huddlestone as he's never had the remotest hint of mobility, not his strength!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
*deleted*

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was contacted with a story about Huddlestone only yesterday, but a few elements of it didn't really stack up so I didn't share it any further.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not quite sure who he would replace, but a very good footballer - if CH can work out how to use him, would be a good punt for £2M. 4-5-1 next season, anyone?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't doubt his passing ability but two things concern me. One has already been mentioned by [MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION], lack of mobility, which really comes to the fore these days with the high intensity pressing -- and, however good Huddlestone's passing is, he's nowhere near the quality of, say, Carrick. The other is that we already have Stephens who is not dissimilar, but far more dominant and aggressive in the centre of the park.
So, unlike others, I'm out. If we're going to get anyone from Hull, I'd fancy the likes of Robertson (although I suspect he'll go to a more established PL club), maybe Clucas, and an even more qualified maybe for Hernandez.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I see he has a 2 Million release claue after relegation with Hull.

Still only 30, lovely passer of a football, can really dictate a game and bags of Premier League experience.

Would you be interested ?.. I know would and knows Hughton well.

West Brom interested after losing Fletcher by all accounts... but I think we should be in on this one.

Perhaps you should email our recruitment team with this idea, they may not be aware.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
At worst Huddlestone would be an excellent squad player - Hughton needs people who have PL experience throughout the team. £2million buy-out is chicken feed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, unlike others, I'm out. If we're going to get anyone from Hull, I'd fancy the likes of Robertson (although I suspect he'll go to a more established PL club), maybe Clucas, and an even more qualified maybe for Hernandez.

In EVERY single game after January, their best / most dangerous player appear to be Grozicki.

Quicker, better Skalak

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is he still any good? He used to be...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Perhaps you should email our recruitment team with this idea, they may not be aware.

I am sure they are aware... thats why i asked would you be interested ?.... so are you ? or should i not get people opinions on a message board ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't doubt his passing ability but two things concern me. One has already been mentioned by [MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION], lack of mobility, which really comes to the fore these days with the high intensity pressing -- and, however good Huddlestone's passing is, he's nowhere near the quality of, say, Carrick. The other is that we already have Stephens who is not dissimilar, but far more dominant and aggressive in the centre of the park.

Stephens is nothing like Huddlestone in my opinion, could compliment each other nicely as the 2 in front of our back 4.

Hes a better version of Norwood I would say who Hughton seems to have lost a little bit of faith in...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
blimey only 30? reliable and experienced, whats not to like?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would happily pay 10 million for Mooy a totally unproven Premier League player.... so it seems like a ridiculous Bargain to be able to pick a 30yr old 6ft 3 Huddlestone up for 2 million considering he has nearly 400 premier league games under his belt...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here