glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good stuff this .........some real policing :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Liked that male detective (the one dealing with the victim who had Downs Syndrome) very much. He came across really well.

Wasn't quite so impressed with that gobby female officer. Personally, I'm not convinced the best way to attempt to calm somebody down is to scream "CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN!" in their ear at the top of your voice. But each to their own...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Already hooked three in, it shows what the poor sods have to put up with, as well as the atrocities that have recently occurred in London.
I hope the new government doesn't screw them over even more.
Great stuff, apart from that :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Liked that male detective (the one dealing with the victim who had Downs Syndrome) very much. He came across really well.

Wasn't quite so impressed with that gobby female officer. Personally, I'm not convinced the best way to attempt to calm somebody down is to scream "CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN!" in their ear at the top of your voice. But each to their own...

I think she also said that one of them looked like a typical gang member!
Surely should be a generic term?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You probably gain on the ignoring people policy.....:lol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Personally, I'm not convinced the best way to attempt to calm somebody down is to scream "CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN!" in their ear at the top of your voice.

:lolol:

I was chuckling at that great demonstration of inter-personal skills. There's nothing quite so effective as screaming at a member of the public when your objective is to take cool, calm and assertive command of an incident...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Well, I guess she probably deals with gangs on a very regular basis. But in her shoes- if I were to be thinking along those lines- I might opt to be a bit more cautious with my words, especially if I was being filmed. Didn't see the whole programme, only from where they arrested that skinhead bloke for armed robbery (the one with the Nazi memorabilia and a photo of Raoul Moat in his tin box!).

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Good series.

Thought the way they dealt with the sensitive issue of the Downs Syndrome lass was very touching.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

I was chuckling at that great demonstration of inter-personal skills. There's nothing quite so effective as screaming at a member of the public when your objective is to take cool, calm and assertive command of an incident...

Don't get me wrong. There are some people for whom the only way to get through to them is to shout, even occasionally (and it really would be very occasional for me) using the odd profanity simply for the purpose of getting their attention.

But generally I've always found it's better to start on the lowest level possible. I can always escalate it if need be. What's that old thing they teach? Betari's Box (or the Cycle of Conflict)?

betari-box-e1427685721134.png

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well, I guess she probably deals with gangs on a very regular basis. But in her shoes- if I were to be thinking along those lines- I might opt to be a bit more cautious with my words, especially if I was being filmed. Didn't see the whole programme, only from where they arrested that skinhead bloke for armed robbery (the one with the Nazi memorabilia and a photo of Raoul Moat in his tin box!).

Was impressed in first episode, when trolling through hours of cctv produced evidence to convict that lad who had stabbed someone in that crowd in Hyde Pk. :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was impressed in first episode, when trolling through hours of cctv produced evidence to convict that lad who had stabbed someone in that crowd in Hyde Pk. :thumbsup:

That was good, yep. The pursuit they had with a moped though: I was shaking my head at some of what was going on. Granted, they weren't traffic officers, but: jeez!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That was good, yep. The pursuit they had with a moped though: I was shaking my head at some of what was going on. Granted, they weren't traffic officers, but: jeez!

I did jury service last year at the OB, one case involved the police giving evidence with something called a 101, a type of occurrence diary, just endless more paperwork, not in my father's day!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Or surely should be allowed to.....or...feel freely enough to state her opinion....(based on the experience of actually doing the job of actually dealing with these people day in day out)...and therefore knows better than you!!!....and quite why you feel the need to get your knickers in a twist and make an issue over a comment a police officer made....rather than supporting someone trying to rid our society of scum!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Mrs P and I had exactly the same discussion. I wasn't particularly impressed by either of those 2. Seemed to be in the police just go get a bit of the action. And as for the bloke, aren't there certain fitness levels you have to be at in the police? He was a big unit :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mrs P and I had exactly the same discussion. I wasn't particularly impressed by either of those 2. Seemed to be in the police just go get a bit of the action. And as for the bloke, aren't there certain fitness levels you have to be at in the police? He was a big unit :lolol:

I thought how overweight he was, he would have been told in no uncertain terms to slim down if he was in the armed forces.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Interesting that you think that. We were saying the same thing - she did seem a bit too hyped up. I'd have thought - but may be completely wrong - that one potential advantage of female officers is that they can often get some men to respond less aggressively rather than aggravating the situation? Seems to be the case with female stewards.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Or surely should be allowed to.....or...feel freely enough to state her opinion....(based on the experience of actually doing the job of actually dealing with these people day in day out)...and therefore knows better than you!!!....and quite why you feel the need to get your knickers in a twist and make an issue over a comment a police officer made....rather than supporting someone trying to rid our society of scum!

You're quite right that the PC knows better than me. I congratulate you on your pinpoint knowledge of today's policing.
I was just quoting that surely because she being filmed, perhaps the TV gurus, could have advised her to use a generic term in describing the young lads demeanour, in case, as you have so eloquently put it getting my knickers in a twist.
If you had had read my post with EK, you might have cottoned on to the fact that my father was ex old bill.
So I think my loyalty to the police and all their efforts is not in question.
Perhaps before getting your knickers in a twist, read and digest.
Have a good day :thumbsup:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Both my parents were in the job
Think it's got a good bit more unpleasant since their day - or perhaps things are just reported more vividly
These have been very good programmes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here