Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Lucan's turned up

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
........On my ITV planner

What a tragic version of events told by his Mrs.

Her spiral into depression, him being a total fruitcake, her not having any contact with the kids since 1982

A truly broken woman

Yes I saw that programme a few nights ago - tragic all round - she believes he jumped off the cross-channel ferry from Newhaven.

D

Deleted User X18H

........On my ITV planner

What a tragic version of events told by his Mrs.

Her spiral into depression, him being a total fruitcake, her not having any contact with the kids since 1982

A truly broken woman

Richard John Bingham hasn't been seen since November 1974 but has still paid more tax recently than raggy Mick

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched that last night. What a shame for her, she hasn't spoken with their three children for 35 years, one way or another because of Lucan. A lonely life for her. I didn't realise that Lucan had been moments away from murdering her too, only stopped because she ran from the house.

Lucan looks like this now, 10th generation:
IMG_2161.JPG

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If I had to live in Lucan, I'd consider jumping off a ferry too.

Although I don't think his family lived there since the 1690s.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Excellent documentary .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I life devoid of any happiness. Sad. Very sad.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've a 100% true story connected to Lucan.

I once bought a signed (by Lord Lucan - it just said 'Lucan') Midland Bank cheque, made out to Harrods (for about £160) which was written and cashed early in the same year he disappeared.

I kept hold of the cheque for about 4-5 years, then advertised it on eBay when I needed to raise some cash. It sold to a guy in Australia of all places (for about £1,100!), so I posted it to him, fully tracked and recorded delivery with Royal Mail.

It showed as delivered and signed for on the Royal Mail system.... in the Canary Islands!! When I called Royal Fail, they had no idea what had happened - or why. I then tried to contact the buyer in Australia multiple times to sort the mess out, who never replied... I have no idea where he went.

So, in true Lucan style - the f*cking thing disappeared and has never been heard of since!!

True story that, I promise.

**edit - just found a pic of it I saved!**

1-lucan.jpg

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I found it a desperately sad tale. No contact with kids for 35 years. A lonely existence into old age, with no family to comfort and support. Still a little scintilla of doubt inside me as to whether he did, in fact, commit suicide. He knew a lot of contacts in parts of colonial Africa. One can only assume that the police had enough time to contact the French authorities, who would have arrested him when he disembarked. There was hardly any time for him to disguise himself and he was a striking looking man.
Detectives were convinced that he had fled abroad and was in hiding. They spent years looking for him.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I found it a desperately sad tale. No contact with kids for 35 years. A lonely existence into old age, with no family to comfort and support. Still a little scintilla of doubt inside me as to whether he did, in fact, commit suicide. He knew a lot of contacts in parts of colonial Africa. One can only assume that the police had enough time to contact the French authorities, who would have arrested him when he disembarked. There was hardly any time for him to disguise himself and he was a striking looking man.
Detectives were convinced that he had fled abroad and was in hiding. They spent years looking for him.

The car was only discovered in Newhaven three days later.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Thought it was fascinating too.

His kids refuse to accept he murdered Sandra Rivett and there have been loads of claims and denials over the years. I too hadn't appreciated she still had had no contact with her kids for 35 years.

It would be really interesting to hear their stories, but they seem very private.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here