Crawley

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
It is religion to them. Everyone who isn't from there sect of Islam is basically a heretic. Shia militias are fighting Isis

True. What i meant was that it isn't just Muslims versus the West. It goes far deeper than that view , which many people believe.

Every country needs to get together to rid the world of ISIS

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Shia, Sunni, Wahabi... all flavours of Islam that don't necessarily agree with each other... a bit like Catholics and Protestants have been in certain parts of our own little corner of the world...

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
It's very much about religion, ISIS are extreme Sunni. Iran are Shia.

It's also nicely coinciding with the Saudi move on Qatar (which is backed by Iran). Lots of proxy wars going on here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two ISIS suicide attacks on Tehran

Excellent news (on one depressing level). The more ISIS get the follow-on shit kicked out of them in their own region, the better for the rest of the world, including us.

Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40184641

They are attacking everyone. This isn't about religion or the West. This is just about killing.
Even two ex Jihadies in the Quilliam Foundation agree that it IS religion that drives these people on.... they both spoke intelligently to Adrian Chiles on two separate interviews about a range of issues, but absolutely were confident that religion is the motivation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Some believe that understanding, empathy and effective communication will sort this type of issue out.

Well the current approach isn't exactly working!

I wouldn't go so far as empathy, but at least TRYING to understand why they do what they do – and what their ACTUAL end game is – as well as attempting to establish some form of communication has got to be worth a go :shrug:

I doubt it will ever happen, because those in charge seem keen to play the short game and try and get quick wins. I'm by no means anti-war, but I don't really get how using violence to counteract violence is ever going to work. You won't eradicate ISIS – they are everywhere and even if you kill off the top dogs, there are PLENTY more out there willing to step up to the plate, fuelled by hatred for the West for taking out their fellow fighters and leaders.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Well the current approach isn't exactly working!

I wouldn't go so far as empathy, but at least TRYING to understand why they do what they do – and what their ACTUAL end game is – as well as attempting to establish some form of communication has got to be worth a go :shrug:

I doubt it will ever happen, because those in charge seem keen to play the short game and try and get quick wins. I'm by no means anti-war, but I don't really get how using violence to counteract violence is ever going to work. You won't eradicate ISIS – they are everywhere and even if you kill off the top dogs, there are PLENTY more out there willing to step up to the plate, fuelled by hatred for the West for taking out their fellow fighters and leaders.

Good start would be reading this

what they ideally want is Western troops on Syrian soil, best recruiting tool they could have. Killing other muslims isn't as easy a sell.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some believe that understanding, empathy and effective communication will sort this type of issue out.

Get the guitar

brentholdguitar-300x287.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here