Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how good are Australian footballers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as we might be about to sign one can we put together a squad of Australian footballers from across the ages that would be able to compete in the top half of the Premier league?

I am not too up on Australian stars personally but I can get the ball rolling with Craig Johnson ( and his amazing boots :smile:) and Harry Kewell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seeing as we might be about to sign one can we put together a squad of Australian footballers from across the ages that would be able to compete in the top half of the Premier league?

I am not too up on Australian stars personally but I can get the ball rolling with Craig Johnson ( and his amazing boots :smile:) and Harry Kewell.

No, I don't think you could.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Mark Schwarzer was pretty good

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well we can give it a go! Have you nobody to add?

I am sure @tyronebiggums will be along to help soon

I could add a few ex-Prem players, yes (Lucas Neil, Mark Viduka) but none are very good, and the combined best XI would be nowhere near the top half of the current Prem (IMO of course).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mark Viduka was pretty good on his day.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
18 goalkeepers each side. You would think one might be good?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One thing you can say about the Socceroos is that taken individually their players might not always shine, but their team spirit is invariably Albionesque, and takes them a very long way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here