Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sir Norman Wisdom celebrates.

Triumph

Apr 30, 2017
I am indulging in my other passion of watching motorcycle racing, the TT in the Isle of Man and thought I should share my promotion excitement with Sir Norman Wisdom while I am here. I hope you appreciate the photo.
1bbb12e46a1ecd0481bf8f26f3e58067.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Excellent .

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
My Hero I can still remember him singing Good old Sussex by the sea in the centre circle at the Goldstone
His son got a sports shop in Haywards Heath

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Hope you left it there.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Already one dead at the TT, Davey something?

PS: Great pic.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Bless that man! Is that bench outside the entrance to a hotel bar? If so, I've walked past that, bladdered, and never even realised it was a statue of the great man himself. I hang my head in shame if that's the case...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Must go back to IOM for TT week or Manx Grand Prix but probably wouldn't take my bike these days, too many nutters riding way beyond their ability and in the case of the Germans, forgetting which side of the road they should be on!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Always a matter of regret that the club did very little when the great man passed away. He was, after all, a former director and staunch supporter. At least it has been partly remedied by a picture of him on the ' walk of fame '
p.s That statue is absolutely superb.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My Hero I can still remember him singing Good old Sussex by the sea in the centre circle at the Goldstone
His son got a sports shop in Haywards Heath

Played a couple of matches for Sussex in the 70s I think. Nice bloke and always very helpful in the shop - and a spitting image of his old man.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Spoke to Norman son today he's off to the Isle man in two weeks and will be visiting the stature and take some photos .
He got some brillant framed pictures of his dad linked to the Albion which has offered to the museum in the last.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I always said we should have a statue of him outside the Amex

Agreed.
What an international coup for the club. We could have thousands of Albanians making a pilgrimage to the Amex and all potentially spending money on ' Norman inspired ' club merchandise.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Spoke to Norman son today he's off to the Isle man in two weeks and will be visiting the stature and take some photos .
He got some brillant framed pictures of his dad linked to the Albion which has offered to the museum in the last.

Nick is a huge Brighton fan and season ticket holder, also not a bad little player in his younger days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here