Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton players on international duty

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apologies if there's already a thread about this. I looked but couldn't see any. I noticed that a fair few friendly internationals have gone ahead with Brighton players.

Israel drew 1 all away against Moldova with a last minute equaliser. Kayal came on as a second half sub.

Duffy played 90 minutes (his first game back from injury too) and apparently played well in a very good 3-1 home win for Rep. Ireland against Ukraine.

Norwood also played a full match for N.Ireland against N.Zealand winning 1-0 at home.

I read about March pulling out of the U-23 (?) England side because he wants to be ready for August and we already knew about Hemed's international suspension for dissent. Have I missed any? Are any more coming up?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Any news on Skalak, Bong or Towell?

Skalak hasn't been called up this summer. Bong hasn't played for Cameroon since May 2014 and is still in dispute with them (as far as I know) and Towell has never won a full cap.

However, Tomori is still with the England U-20 squad in South Korea at the FIFA U-20 World Cup and they play their semi-final against Italy on Thursday. Henrik Bjordal is in the Norwegian U-21 squad for a UEFA European Championship qualifier against Kosovo next Monday.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Skalak hasn't been called up this summer. Bong hasn't played for Cameroon since May 2014 and is still in dispute with them (as far as I know) and Towell has never won a full cap.

However, Tomori is still with the England U-20 squad in South Korea at the FIFA U-20 World Cup and they play their semi-final against Italy on Thursday. Henrik Bjordal is in the Norwegian U-21 squad for a UEFA European Championship qualifier against Kosovo next Monday.

Cheers for that very definitive reply. I didn't think Towell was anywhere near the senior squad but thought he might be part of their setup elsewhere.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

What's the story behind that?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What's the story behind that?

As per the Argus of July 4 2015:-

I made the choice when I was in Greece [playing for Olympiakos]. Things were complicated with the national team and I am the kind of player that likes respect. When you don't see one or two things I prefer to say "Okay, I'll keep my distance." When it is all fixed if they call me I will go to help my country because I love my country. But the football in Africa is not simple. We need to do a lot of things to change the mentality and how African football is. It was before the World Cup (2014 in Brazil) and it's not because they didn't call me. After the World Cup I spoke with the manager but some things need to stay private. I didn't go with the national team for one or two reasons and if I didn't see the difference I prefer to give the best for my club and stay 100 per cent. When you play you travel and sometimes you are tired. You need to feel good to be at your best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here