Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kyle - Hove and portslade.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This guy is a very good local mp and I am thinking of voting for him as he has helped in a couple of actions up here in the people's republic of mile oak.

However, he is obviously not a corbinista, even suggesting yesterday that corbyn wasn't going to win.

If corbyn does get in does anyone think that he will have him deselected and a corbinista parachuted in? If so will mine and the thousands who may vote for him have wasted our vote?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No, don't vote based on theoretical possibilities. Peter Kyle is a fabulous MP and deserves every vote on thursday. What happens afterwards, happens afterwards. Don't let it stop you from using your vote to elect the best candidate.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If Kyle hates Corbyn, and the Corbyn led Labour Party so much, why didn't he stand as an Independent?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, don't vote based on theoretical possibilities. Peter Kyle is a fabulous MP and deserves every vote on thursday. What happens afterwards, happens afterwards. Don't let it stop you from using your vote to elect the best candidate.
We could be given Diane Abbott as MP!

Re Peter Kyle, I've contacted him about the new school due in Hove, and I've not heard back.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We could be given Diane Abbott as MP!

Re Peter Kyle, I've contacted him about the new school due in Hove, and I've not heard back.

That woman should be relegated from the party, pack her off to the Liberal Democrats where it doesn't matter what she says and/or does.

Why are you posting about it on here? He's not a difficult man to contact, message him on Facebook and he'll respond today or there's his drop in shop on Church Road or you could phone him. He works for his constituency and he's openly passionate about schooling in general.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why are you posting about it on here? He's not a difficult man to contact, message him on Facebook and he'll respond today or there's his drop in shop on Church Road or you could phone him.
I have sent him a message, that's my point. He hasn't replied (it was a very sensible, grown up message, I might add :) )

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If corbyn does get in does anyone think that he will have him deselected and a corbinista parachuted in? If so will mine and the thousands who may vote for him have wasted our vote?

That's not possible. If Peter Kyle is elected then even if he is kicked out of the Labour party he'll still be the MP until the next election.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can't see Peter Kyle being de-selected. If, and it's a very big if, Labour win a majority it's likely to be small and they will need every MP they have.

He's getting my vote despite my reservations about Corbyn. I don't much like Corbyn, I don't like May and her policies. Kirsty Adams is an utter loon. Therefore I've decided to for Kyle as he's really proven himself as a decent MP .... even though I disagree on his stance around Brexit.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This guy is a very good local mp and I am thinking of voting for him as he has helped in a couple of actions up here in the people's republic of mile oak.

However, he is obviously not a corbinista, even suggesting yesterday that corbyn wasn't going to win.

I've heard he's going to Newcastle

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] has been pretty scathing about Kyle when he (Ernest) was still a Corbyn fan.

Maybe he liked Kyle again when he (Ernest) turned his knives on Corbyn himself.

However, now Corbyn seems to be in his (Ernest's) good books, perhaps Kyle is rubbish again.

It's very difficult to keep up with these weak, wishy-washy, flip-flop, u-turn-y lefties.

Oct 25, 2003
when I was working in homeless services we used to use both him and Lucas regularly to escalate issues with clients (never Kirby as he usually couldn't be bothered to reply properly) and both were fantastic- particularly with issues regarding benefits

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

The leader of the party can't do that without having a by-election so your PK vote is safely a vote for him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If Kyle hates Corbyn, and the Corbyn led Labour Party so much, why didn't he stand as an Independent?

I'd imagine because he'd like to stay a member of a democratic organisation and try to influence it from within rather than shouting in to a void

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
when I was working in homeless services we used to use both him and Lucas regularly to escalate issues with clients (never Kirby as he usually couldn't be bothered to reply properly) and both were fantastic- particularly with issues regarding benefits

Has anyone had a positive result in dealing with Kirby? He made himself scarce during the rail strike and, from talking to people in his constituency, he's been absolutely useless in dealing with his constituents. The guy's favourite to hold his seat so someone, somewhere must think he's doing a good job but I'm damned if I can see it.

The leader of the party can't do that without having a by-election so your PK vote is safely a vote for him.

The leader can't kick him out: the party can't kick him out either (as an MP that is). They could possibly deselect him but that would only take effect at the next election. For the record, I don't think that's likely either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here