Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** England Vs New Zealand *** ICC Champions Trophy - Cardiff

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Rashid in for Woakes.

England 50-1 from 10.

Roy the man out (again), bowled round his legs when he stepped across his stumps for 13.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Hales gone :nono:

Danced down and smashed a straight six, then next ball caught on the crease, swiping across the line

England 118-2 (21 overs)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thing about Root, I don't consider 50 a good score for him. It just feels normal.

I'm looking forward to a series when he plays really well - you know, when they get the luck, in good form and just score for fun. Now that will be amazing to witness.
Like the 133* he got in the last match you mean? 😉

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I mean in a 5 match test series, like Cook did in Australia about 5-6 years ago.
Yes hopefully the captaincy won't affect how he plays and we'll get to see that. With his attitude I'm pretty sure it won't. He was down at SCCC the other afternoon, just one of the lads as usual and great with the kids.

The day after England won the last Ashes series he was there carrying drinks for the 1st team (looking slightly worse for wear) as his brother was playing.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 166-3 (30 overs)

Root 61*(59) Stokes 19*(24)

Double it in the last 20 would be a decent total... not that this game is likely to get to a finish.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This pitch looks very flat, I worry that Ball will be taken apart on this and the two spinners will be continuously smashed straight.

As regards the weather, there are loads of showers around but it's also blowing a gale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here