Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away games next season

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I'm sure I read on here that Radio Sussex will not be allowed to broadcast live commentary next season. As that is my preferred method of following the away games I can't get to what (legal) methods of following the matches live will the Prem allow?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've tried to listen to PL games on the internet version of BBC Radio, for example, Radio Merseyside .... but it's blocked online "for commercial reasons".

I suspect that you might be able to listen locally by radio (waves over the air), but not via the internet.

I would guess that it's to prevent world wide audiences listening on the internet for free, unless that digital broadcaster is prepared to pay collosal rights fees to do it.

It's all about the $$$$.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
It'll be like it has been until now - you can listen to the match on Radio Sussex on FM or DAB (ie within the Radio Sussex local catchment area), but not on the internet version of the Radio Sussex site

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Every PL game is shown live somewhere in the world so you will be able to ahem 'find' it. When I lived in Africa every PL game was on even the Sat 3pm ones.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sure I read on here that Radio Sussex will not be allowed to broadcast live commentary next season. As that is my preferred method of following the away games I can't get to what (legal) methods of following the matches live will the Prem allow?

I think you will find that a few bods were speculating shortly after promotion...but i'm sure several posts disproved the idea

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I still understand that any progs for overseas consumption of PL fixtures are frowned upon as 'very naughty' if one watches them in the UK. No idea how one might do that though.

I intend to be at all but one 'away', is there a stream?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Every PL game is shown live somewhere in the world so you will be able to ahem 'find' it. When I lived in Africa every PL game was on even the Sat 3pm ones.

You could watch 4 3pm kick offs all at once on Foxtel in Australia.. Press the red button and it would split the screen into 4, was brilliant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here