Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Witness on BBC News talked about a stabbing in Borough Market pub, followed by shooting. May not be terrorist related?

Do you mean A Borough Market pub? The Market Porter? Don't think there's a pub called the Borough Market?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Metropolitan Police‏Verified account @metpoliceuk 4m4 minutes ago
More
As well as #LondonBridge officers have also responsed to an incident in #BoroughMarket. We have armed police at the scenes.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Take a breath, people, for goodness sake.
Somebody posted something on FaceTwit, so it must be true????

It may or may not be a deliberate attack on pedestrians - in time, we will probably know. For now, all we seem to know is that pedestrians have been hit by a vehicle. That happens many times every day.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Incident at borough Market as well IMG_1682.PNG

Stumpy Tim

It may or may not be a deliberate attack on pedestrians - in time, we will probably know. For now, all we seem to know is that pedestrians have been hit by a vehicle. That happens many times every day.
Not 20 people though. Christ on a bike

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed. I'm watching sky news and they've spoken to several witnesses and only one of them claims to have heard gunfire. Which he said went on for "quite a few minutes", and "other people would mistake it for fireworks". They've asked all their witnesses and none of the others heard anything. No one else has heard it (despite it going on for quite a few minutes). None of them have heard fireworks.

Few more people now coming out with it. Forgive me. I just struggle with the notion that people are straight on the phone to news organisations at a time like this. I get it with the journalists. That's their job. But the passers by: either get out of the way, or help somebody, FFS. Don't stand there getting your phone out to video it, or dialling the hotline to Sky or the BBC to breathlessly inform them that you've heard from other people that they heard this or that might have happened.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

No, cars or vans running into crowds of people is not an everyday occurrence let alone something that happens several times a day, you are mistaken.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
But almost certainly most on a hearsay basis. Social media is fantastic for Chinese whispers.

Not saying it's not happened, but personally, I'm loathe to take everything as gospel at these early stages.

Agree - difficult to distinguish hearsay from genuine witness reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Eyewitness Samantha Wilde tells the BBC she's seen between 30 and 40 ambulances at the scene and armed police.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

:wozza:

Which fvcking planet did you just land from?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Seriously stop posting utter garbage

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Eyewitness Samantha Wilde tells the BBC she's seen between 30 and 40 ambulances at the scene and armed police.

Thanks for your input, Samantha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here