Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because I wouldn't describe London Bridge as "internationally known" whereas the iconic Tower Bridge would be.

I agree that Tower Bridge is more iconic, except that the name 'London Bridge' is a famous name and of course immortalised in the nursery rhyme. I should have quoted [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] who was wondering about the location and timing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sky reporting above :(

Well. Some old boy on Sky is suggesting he heard it.

Edit: OK, another chap now saying- by means of hearsay- that he's heard there was gunfire too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
DBbXnrBW0AQJCDi.jpg

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How awful. I hope that the reports of three men with knives attacking those knocked down are inaccurate. Absolutely heartbreaking.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not just the Mail. Lots of separate reports on social media saying the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But almost certainly most on a hearsay basis. Social media is fantastic for Chinese whispers.

Not saying it's not happened, but personally, I'm loathe to take everything as gospel at these early stages.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Witness on BBC News talked about a stabbing in Borough Market pub, followed by shooting. May not be terrorist related?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't ever imagine finding myself at the heart of something like this, and my first instinct being to ring Sky News.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But almost certainly most on a hearsay basis. Social media is fantastic for Chinese whispers.

Not saying it's not happened, but personally, I'm loathe to take everything as gospel at these early stages.

Indeed. I'm watching sky news and they've spoken to several witnesses and only one of them claims to have heard gunfire. Which he said went on for "quite a few minutes", and "other people would mistake it for fireworks". They've asked all their witnesses and none of the others heard anything. No one else has heard it (despite it going on for quite a few minutes). None of them have heard fireworks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here