Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lions Tour

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
First game of the tour of NZ starts at 8.35 am GMT ..looking forward to six weeks of filling the football void ..just hope The Lions are still in it when the third test comes around..it's going to be brutal

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really looking forward to the tour. It's the ultimate test against the best team in world sports.

I think so much will depend on our key players staying fit. I recall 12 years ago when Brian O'Driscoll was spear -tackled in the 1st minute of the 1st Test the series was lost before it had begun.

I think Gatland is a great coach, he'll keep all of the squad feeling valued and focused, and on what promises to be a bruising tour morale will be tested.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Surprised there is no radio coverage of this - I guess they'll just cover the tests.

Losing 3-7 at the moment.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Scrappy win in the winter less north. My Maori friend said we are getting stuffed in the series. He could be onto something.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just a reminder ..the second game of the tour is tomorrow morning at 8.35am
..the opposition will be far stiffer than last Saturday and should be an interesting watch

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I'm really looking forward to the tour. It's the ultimate test against the best team in world sports.

I think so much will depend on our key players staying fit. I recall 12 years ago when Brian O'Driscoll was spear -tackled in the 1st minute of the 1st Test the series was lost before it had begun.

I think Gatland is a great coach, he'll keep all of the squad feeling valued and focused, and on what promises to be a bruising tour morale will be tested.
I remember it well,.. I was there,.... 3-0,... it rained constantly, and the Kiwi fans were in our face from the beginning to the end, in the stadia, and in the bars and restaurants. One of the worst sport watching experiences I have ever been part of.

I think we will lose tests 2-1,... we will win tomorrow, but lose to the Crusaders on the weekend.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Don't warm to Owen Farrell as a person but he is a very fine rugby player, either as a 10 or a 12...
10... he is a world class career number 10,... I don't get this attempt to put him out at 12,...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
10... he is a world class career number 10,... I don't get this attempt to put him out at 12,...

Certainly better as the playmaker but just saying he can be slotted in elsewhere and has done so effectively.

Doesn't matter what number you wear when you spend most of the game kicking penalties!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I'm pessimistic.

Gatland's insistence on taking not good enough Welsh players and massive ball carrying lunks in the centre looks like setting us up for a good pasting.

I hope I'm wrong - but we're just to going be too predictable against faster, better players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here