Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else suffering Advert problems?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
All this week have noticed my NSC pages have been swamped with adverts I cannot get rid of.

There is one for Royal Caribbean Cruises that completely fills the page and even prevents me from logging in, have had to divert to another laptop to write this.

Then there is one for the Prince Edward Theatre in London that is wiping out completely the left and right side of the pages so the page can't be read.

Neither of these respond to trying to remove and I have never had any dealings with these firms..

Appreciate NSC need advertising to keep it viable and generally don't mind but these intrusive adverts are taking the pleasure away.

Anybody else suffering or got advice to remove same?:annoyed:

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I have had the same problem 2 days running, same ads, the theatre one was worst as completely hid both sides. Today it's gone, I didn't do anything except regular scans to delete cookies which may not have helped but with luck yours will disappear too.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
The Royal Caribbean has popped up again on this laptop.

Have had to install ad blocker just to use this site.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Every time the adverts come on it's 'Who Killed the F*ing Zutons', I'm not buying it on principle.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I am never ever going to see Aladdin the freakin' musical! Or if I do I'm going to get a seat in the front row and every-time someone says or does something I'm going to stand up and wave an Albion flag...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
They really p*ss me off - and a few times I've just given up and closed the browser window.

However, websites cost money to run. This brings in money. I'll live with it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You should not get any pop indeed, overs or overlays when logged in, and you'll have fewer and smaller banners too.

You may get more when not logged in and it sounds as though I might need to take a look at those, and I will after the weekend as in away currently.

In short: stay logged in.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Every time the adverts come on it's 'Who Killed the F*ing Zutons', I'm not buying it on principle.

Count yourself lucky - I keep getting ads for my old employer that made me redundant ..... twice !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here