Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonny Howson rejects new contract

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
2 years left. Reportedly Leeds interest around the 4M mark :lolol:

Would probably cost double that.

Also apparently wants to move back north. Heard that before we signed a certain midfielder on our books???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Press definitely think he's been knobbled to "go home" to Leeds. Born there and played half his career there

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Press definitely think he's been knobbled to "go home" to Leeds. Born there and played half his career there

I thought everyone wanted to play for or manage THE Leeds. MA and Gus could hardly contain their excitement whenever we played them

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought everyone wanted to play for or manage THE Leeds. MA and Gus could hardly contain their excitement whenever we played them

I'm surprised Gus hasn't taken out a full page ad in the local Leeds rag applying for the manager's job :lol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hes a decent player, but would rather have Mooy for example.

For me I would go for Howson any day of the week. He was by far CH's best player in his Norwich team. Makes the game look easy, seldom misplaces a pass. Not enough goals to his game but great player none the less.

He is still singed to another 2 or 3 years at Norwich so he would command a big fee

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For me I would go for Howson any day of the week. He was by far CH's best player in his Norwich team. Makes the game look easy, seldom misplaces a pass. Not enough goals to his game but great player none the less.

He is still singed to another 2 or 3 years at Norwich so he would command a big fee

Yeah but you have a slight Norwich bias ;-)

Mooy is better at ball retention and finding a pass to unlock a defence in my opinon, we need a bit of that centrally, Howson just smacks of another Stephens for me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Mooy is better at ball retention and finding a pass to unlock a defence in my opinon, we need a bit of that centrally, Howson just smacks of another Stephens for me.

It's not a favourable Norwich bias though :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That's what would worry me if McDonald was to sign for us from Fulham, we don't want too many like for like players. Someone capable to cover if injury or suspension bites of course, but basically any players that we bring in, have to be either better than what we already have, or offer something different to the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here