Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parachute payments

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
PL announced yesterday the spilt of payments: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40125394.

Confirms that we are guaranteed nearly £100m next season.

Eight Championship teams received parachute payments, of whom the following six remain in the division next season: Norwich & Villa £41m each, QPR £31m; Cardiff, Reading & Fulham £16m each.

Newcastle received £41m and Wigan £16m.

Reading have received their final payment, Cardiff & Fulham have one more year each, and QPR two. This was under the old rules of four years' payments for relegated teams. This and last season's relegated clubs will get three years (Sunderland) or two years (Boro and Hull - lasted only one season). Norwich receive for one more season, and Villa two.

I hadnt quite realised how the new PL deal helps teams relegated 2/3/4 seasons ago, QPR especially.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm certainly glad that I'm not the one who has to follow those parachutes all over Brighton until they land and we can then take that cash to the bank. Does the PL drop pound notes or cheques from their airplane?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm certainly glad that I'm not the one who has to follow those parachutes all over Brighton until they land and we can then take that cash to the bank. Does the PL drop pound notes or cheques from their airplane?

Oh my goodness, how have Sky never thought of doing that? It would be a whole day of "lunacy" with outside reporters standing by the stadium reporting on "clear skies at the moment, but we're expecting an influx of light aircraft at any moment."

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here