Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities/sportsmen/sportswomen in Unlikely Places

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I've heard this story several times when I've bumped into an old friend.

George Best seen in Knoll Park Stapley Road in his glory days. No idea what he was doing there - visiting relatives or friends?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Henry Kelly outside the Grand Hotel waiting to get on a coach - had a chat to him about his game show Going For Gold - nice fella.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Having a slash next to Noel Gallagher at the England Portugal game in Eindhoven Euro 2000.

Not the easiest place to spark up a conversation.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pearl Jam in the Seven Stars pub in Surrey. It's near Farm studios where they recorded Vs.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
IMG_0690.JPG

On the train from Leeds to London.

What do you mean, you don't know who it is? Does it matter?

It's Natalie Haythornthwaite - Wasps & England netball player. Lovely woman.

Best sportsman meet (though hardly an unusual place): Ali in the UA lounge at LHR in the late '90s. I was both ecstatic at meeting him (bodyguards allowed me a quick handshake and a couple of sentences of hero worship) and devastated at the seeing the truth of the shell of a man.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On holiday in Spain in the early 90's and having a day in Marbella and whilst walking along the street, out of a phone box in front of us steps Marco Van Basten. Had my photo taken with him, which I sadly lost over the years. He was a very nice Dutchman.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Having a piss next to Richard Wright (him of Pink Floyd fame) during the interval of David Gilmour's DVD premiere a few years back.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Will Carling and several Harlequins forwards in the Quadrant on Cup Final day 1995.

Spent a good 10 minutes talking with him after asking if he didn't mind a conversation.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
A very surreal encounter with Sian Williams in a hospice.
I had to step out after being with my Dad in there, and she was in the waiting room waiting to see a friend who was in the same hospice.
She was serene, calming, and charming, and totally lovely, despite the fact of where we were.
I felt much more relaxed after our five minute chat, and my Dad passed away an hour later :angel:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My wife: once saw Lawrence Dallaglio in our local gym, in jeans and t shirt, thought he was to do with maintenance :lolol:
Me: twice seen Brighton favourite :nono: Z Z Z list celebrity, Katie Price in our local gym and Waitrose (dulcet tones were the give away) :shootself

About as good as it gets :cool:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Years ago when my son was about 15 he was running on Hove seafront to get fit for the rugby season when he was overtaken by a woman. Being a young male chauvinist he wasn't having that so set off after her. Once he caught up, he realised it was Sally Gunnell who then accelerated off into the distance.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Stan Collymore lurking by some bushes on Cannock Chase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here