Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US to pull out of Paris accord.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Madness

I assume Trump supporters and the USA Coal and Oil Industries are happy but the rest of the sane world wont be.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
China stayed in, if i read correctly, which is a far bigger deal. they are the growing economy and will move away from coal and towards alternatives. US will use whats cheapest, which a lot of the time is gas from fracking, not as bad as coal.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
What a ****ing idiot. Puts all of our election arguments into perspective a little; at least we don't have anyone ignorant nor selfish enough to have such little consideration for the rest of the planet.

Though it is depressing how the climate issue is (and probably always will be) only on the peripherals of political discussions. Needs far more attention and action in this country and worldwide.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can someone point me to a good website where the science of climate change is properly discussed but in layman's terms? I've tried looking but both sides are quite entrenched and so there tends to be a lot of background noise with each side's arguments.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Can someone point me to a good website where the science of climate change is properly discussed but in layman's terms? I've tried looking but both sides are quite entrenched and so there tends to be a lot of background noise with each side's arguments.

look up next ice age which is apparently due......we need climate change/global warming in a big way to keep it at bay

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bad for the world and bad for American too

Trump, what is a complete tool

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Cheers, will do but can I be cheeky and ask if you've got any links that you've found useful?

flippant comment ... no idea really...but google both and easy to find this type of headline.Earth faces another ICE AGE within 15 YEARS as Russian scientists discover Sun 'cooling'.and "Scientific evidence for warming of the climate system is unequivocal".

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People voted this effing clown in which is the most depressing thing

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

larus

I used to be a big believer in Global Warming, but I am not convinced of the impact by man. I read a lot on WattsUpWithThat, but it is a skeptical site, but some of the posters are very knowledgeable about a huge range of subjects. What I like is that they will engage in debate and not ban posters/delete comments which are pro global warming,

I'm not saying the the climate didn't warm through the 80's/90's, but there are major natural cycles (AMO PDO, Solar Cycles) etc. yet these are totally excluded. The models consistently overestimate warming.

I know I'm going to get slated, but I am not convinced. Oh, and maybe do a little research on where this mythical 97% stat comes from.

Some questions I have:
If the increase in CO2 is purely down to man, then as the bulk of emissions have come in the last 20-30 years, why is the rate of increase of CO2 in the atmosphere not accelerating? If the answer is it's natural, then how much of the increase is natural?
If the level of CO2 is higher now than it was in the 80's, why was there a hiatus for 18 years (based on satellite figures and not land based thermometers). The hiatus was only broken by the recent El-Nino.

No doubt I'll be called all sorts names now lol

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The correct decision at this moment in time...China are the worst but get better treatment as do many others and the states put the most in the pot.
He said the door is open still but it just doesn't seem a fair deal and you can only give so much...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's all about the next century or two, not very long term natural cycles.

After years trying to persuade the final few disbelieving scientists in the pay of US energy companies, all true scientists and the global community final agreed on the evidence from ice cores and elsewhere that man made climate change over the last 170 years from burning forests and fossil fuels had warmed the atmosphere. Enough to increase sea levels in marginal areas causing flooding, and alter climate patterns causing huge floods and long droughts elsewhere.

The USA, China and India finally signed on too.

It's not just climate change, it's the related pollution killing real lives.

Childish comments trying to drag May into this. All British parties are 100% behind the Paris agreement, other than UKIP.

Trump and his followers only care about nationalistic short termism.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to be a big believer in Global Warming, but I am not convinced of the impact by man. I read a lot on WattsUpWithThat, but it is a skeptical site, but some of the posters are very knowledgeable about a huge range of subjects. What I like is that they will engage in debate and not ban posters/delete comments which are pro global warming,

I'm not saying the the climate didn't warm through the 80's/90's, but there are major natural cycles (AMO PDO, Solar Cycles) etc. yet these are totally excluded. The models consistently overestimate warming.

I know I'm going to get slated, but I am not convinced. Oh, and maybe do a little research on where this mythical 97% stat comes from.

Some questions I have:
If the increase in CO2 is purely down to man, then as the bulk of emissions have come in the last 20-30 years, why is the rate of increase of CO2 in the atmosphere not accelerating? If the answer is it's natural, then how much of the increase is natural?
If the level of CO2 is higher now than it was in the 80's, why was there a hiatus for 18 years (based on satellite figures and not land based thermometers). The hiatus was only broken by the recent El-Nino.

No doubt I'll be called all sorts names now lol

Wrong timeline there. Since mid nineteenth century.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here