Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: BGT

  1. #21
    Members
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Sussex by the Sea
    Posts
    679


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TURN off (tap)...never mind
    Nice try, NEXT

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Tyson Gay crodonilson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Lyme Regis
      Posts
      9,111


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How do they sort out the semi finals and who takes part in which as there has been 2 with nobody much and then last night with 4 that were quite good. 1 who Simon Cowell reckoned was the best singer ever to appear on the program was voted out by the viewers. Strange but no doubt that she will probably be the judges wild card.
      I e-mailed ITV for you and was told it's a totally random draw. Perhaps in future they should look at some way of seeding the semi finals so they're all of an even quality (although with the quality so high you're always going to get some popular acts missing out on the finals.

      What do you think BG??
      Winner with a capital W
      1989 Rear of the Year (West Dorset Area, 1998 Runner Up Can't Cook/Won't Cook, 2013 NSC Rugby League Sweepstake Champion, 2014 NSC World Snooker Championship Runner-Up, 2017 Six Nations Prediction Winner, 2017 NSC Rugby League World Champion, 2017 Lyme Regis News Poster of the Year, 2019 NSC World Darts Sweepstake Champion
    • #23
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      70,665


      0 Not allowed!
      I believe that the judges should seed the semi finalist, when known, as they are the experts and put them there in the first place, and then put seed numbers 1, 7 13,19,25 31 in one semi then 2,8,14,20.26 and 32, then 3,9 15,21, 27 33 etc for how ever many semi finals. That way the top six in the judges eyes should get through with others having an equally good chance to make the top 3

      As it is now theoretically the 6 best acts could all be in the same semi and 4 good acts voted out and then the worst 6 in a semi and 2 bad acts voted through being the best of a bad bunch.

      I also think that Sara from MK will get the judges wild card and possibly go on to be the outright winner.
      Last edited by BensGrandad; 02-06-2017 at 16:15.
    • #24

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmehh View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Nice try, NEXT
      I'm hear ALL WEEK!! ;) As you say, next....!
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”
    • #25
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      21,702


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How do they sort out the semi finals and who takes part in which as there has been 2 with nobody much and then last night with 4 that were quite good. 1 who Simon Cowell reckoned was the best singer ever to appear on the program was voted out by the viewers. Strange but no doubt that she will probably be the judges wild card.
      If you get bored with BGT, you could always watch Hedonistic Big Brother (HBB for short), which starts on C5 soon, where you'll be able to watch all the untalented individuals you want
      Last edited by AmexRuislip; 02-06-2017 at 19:34.
    • #26
      Remainer Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      The Graveyard & The Ballroom
      Posts
      7,086


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you get bored with BGT, you could always watch Hedonistic Big Brother (HBB for short), which starts on C5 soon, where you'll be able to watch all the untalented individuals you want
      Or better still dig out Taxi Driver, Pulp Fiction or The Deer Hunter for the 212th time!
    • #27
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      21,702


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Or better still dig out Taxi Driver, Pulp Fiction or The Deer Hunter for the 212th time!
      It's the wife that watches those saddo's, I'm more of a Netflix freak for your recommendations
    • #28
      Remainer Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      The Graveyard & The Ballroom
      Posts
      7,086


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's the wife that watches those saddo's, I'm more of a Netflix freak for your recommendations
      Indeed, likewise. It's on in the background as I'm babysitting the boy and he's mate and they've got it on, they re too young for the above offerings, I can't even watch the inbetweeners!

      However (he's only 8) he did watch his first "big boy" movie as I sat him through Steven Spielberg's 'Duel'. What's not to like about that one?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •