Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We'll be having some of that soon...
a516b526c8f5aaf63ef94779740980bc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
'Facility Fees' relates to the number of televised home games and 'Merit Paymet' to finishing position right?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
'Facility Fees' relates to the number of televised home games and 'Merit Paymet' to finishing position right?

Almost, facility fee is appearing on TV home or away. Each team guaranteed 10 matches. Extra £1.2m per match thereafter.

Merit payment is £1.9m per position

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So where does this £190m Play Off Final cr@p come from then?

Sunderland got £93m.

Brighton, at best I'd guess, can expect around sixth from the basement earning around £103m, am I missing something or are there other revenues that make up £87m such as commercial activity?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Sunderland got £93m.

Brighton, at best I'd guess, can expect around sixth from the basement earning around £103m, am I missing something or are there other revenues that make up £87m such as commercial activity?

I think the higher figure includes the parachute payments if you come down.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Sunderland got £93m.

There will be increased gate receipts (expect all matches to be close to sold out) and commercial income.

The £170m includes parachute payments should the Albion be relegated

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think the higher figure includes the parachute payments if you come down.

Possibly but that's next season or, hopefully, NEVER! Guess I should have realised that it would be hyped about 90%!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Almost, facility fee is appearing on TV home or away. Each team guaranteed 10 matches. Extra £1.2m per match thereafter.

Merit payment is £1.9m per position

Cheers.

Do you reckon that our proximity to that there London and our 'plug in and you're good to go' stadium means that we are likely to get more than ten fixtures televised? I see the Hornets got 13 despite playing literally the most meh football ever and not having any real narrative or story all season.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
So the 'guaranteed 10 games' teams were Hull Sunderland Burnley Swansea and Stoke.

I wonder if we'll be considered a more attractive fixture?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Sunderland got £93m.

It isn't crap - it is the worst case difference between what the team that wins promotion will earn (over a number of years) compared to the non-promoted team.

It includes the earnings from one year in the Premier League and the subsequent parachute payments.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Cheers.

Do you reckon that our proximity to that there London and our 'plug in and you're good to go' stadium means that we are likely to get more than ten fixtures televised? I see the Hornets got 13 despite playing literally the most meh football ever and not having any real narrative or story all season.

Depends on a number of factors, one of which will be when we are playing the glamour teams. If our last six matches are United, City, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, then expect all six to be televised, home or away. I just hope that if the above is the case we have 40 points before those matches start.

Suspect we will have more than 10 because the TV companies will like the idea of south coast derbies (more attractive than West Brom v Swansea etc) as well as our first home game and the big clubs (and Palace) at home.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It isn't crap - it is the worst case difference between what the team that wins promotion will earn (over a number of years) compared to the non-promoted team.

It includes the earnings from one year in the Premier League and the subsequent parachute payments.

The real figure, if anything, is HIGHER, as that doesn't account for additional sponsorship / commercial income.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What was our turnover last year? 25-odd million? Sunderland got over 93 million from the league alone - never mind what they generated themselves.

Thank God we got promoted when we did. The top of the Championship will soon become a closed shop where only mega-rich ex-Prem clubs (bolstered by parachute payments on top of what they, sorry, we, have already trousered) will stand any chance of getting (back) into the PL

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What was our turnover last year? 25-odd million? Sunderland got over 93 million from the league alone - never mind what they generated themselves.

And yet after 10 years in the PL, they have come down saddled with £150m+ worth of debt, and a wages-to-turnover north of 76%.

They are in a whole load of shit now.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Thank God we got promoted when we did. The top of the Championship will soon become a closed shop where only mega-rich ex-Prem clubs (bolstered by parachute payments on top of what they, sorry, we, have already trousered) will stand any chance of getting (back) into the PL

People seem to say that every year, it's not always about how much you can spend on players. That's what's good about the championship, it's very competitive and with the playoffs, gives a few more teams a chance.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Albion PL 2016.JPG

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Are you suggesting that Sky over-egg the importance to further over-state the importance of a game they are covering?

Whatever next? You'll be giving examples of Sky building up the importance of securing a place in the Europa League to build-up dull looking end of season fixtures, only to then completely ignore the Europa League the following season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here