Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa set to sign on - Reports

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Good spot. Now just need Stockers to put pen to paper and we can quit worrying about goalkeepers.
#iftrueofcourse :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good man

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bad news for Nicky Rusts come back

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Did not think he would resign until he knew what Stockdale was doing.
Unless he knows Stockdale is off.....
Been a number 2 for too long.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Assume given assurances that if Stockdale stays he will be the cup keeper and if Stockdale goes will be given the opportunity to secure the starting place

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Do you think he deserves a start of two?
Personally I think he would make a decent number 1 with Walton as back-up if Stockdale leaves.

I'd personally be very concerned if that were to happen, given that Maenpaa and Walton have played less than 5 Championship games combined. We will need to sign a number 1 if Stockdale leaves.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very happy with that news. Good number 2 at this level. Would have been content with him starting lower down the pyramid but think we can do better in the Prem. That said no worries if he's just coming in for a match or two as cover.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I'd personally be very concerned if that were to happen, given that Maenpaa and Walton have played less than 5 Championship games combined. We will need to sign a number 1 if Stockdale leaves.

Walton is being nurtured as a future Albion #1 but will surely be loaned out again this season
With Maenpaa (if this report is correct) and Stockdale /A.Nother as #1&2

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Walton is being nurtured as a future Albion #1 but will surely be loaned out again this season
With Maenpaa (if this report is correct) and Stockdale /A.Nother as #1&2

Agreed, Walton to a top league 1 or low Championship side on loan. And Maenpaa in as back up.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't think Maenpaa signing on, is at all positive. He must be on a really low wage to need to resort to that. Hard times indeed.

Maybe you could be wrong and the deal is a decent one and he would rather play in the Premier League, one good season and he could end up at another Premier League club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here