Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well this IS amusing news from Fratton Park

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
***Lower Division News***

Much gnashing of teeth and wailing coming from the long suffering (ha) occupants of the Bell End this afternoon, after Paul Cook- who'd just led Pompey to their rightful position as Division Four champions- decided to do one.

He's leaving The Greatest Fans In The World (TM) on the midnight train for...er...Wigan Athletic. Of course they're now all inventing stories of dressing room unrest (the sort that always leads to title wins, right) and claiming that they won the title instead of him rather than because of him.

Marvellous scenes :clap2:

PS: #twats

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What big name manager will the new owners bring in?

Depending on who the new owners are at the time, Kenny Jacket or Olaf the Snowman.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Haha, well done EK, I'd actually forgotten those twaats for a couple of weeks, pleased that were we were able to keep two divisions between us, it's similar to Chris getting us promoted and leaving us for Brentford!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have to say I am surprised though. Like it or not Pompey are a much better supported club than Wigan. Not inconceivable that next season could see the former pushing for the Championship, and the latter headed in the opposite direction.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh.....hang on. Yes, I remember "Pompey" now. What league are they in again ?

I usually watch the Channel 5 goals roundup on Saturday nights, but I guess they must've been on pretty late these days, as I must admit I've usually dozed off well before they've even been featured. So I'm afraid I've rather lost track since they disappeared off a cliff into the noddy leagues, and quite forgotten of their existence. They are still IN the league, I take it ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Have to say I am surprised though. Like it or not Pompey are a much better supported club than Wigan. Not inconceivable that next season could see the former pushing for the Championship, and the latter headed in the opposite direction.

Wigan would have had a couple of seasons of parachute payments though, so perhaps they had a bit more cash to wave around. Plus I think he's a Scouser: maybe he wanted to be closer to family?

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
He's had a good season; he was always going to move to a bigger and more illustrious club.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Portsmouth really are the gift that keeps on giving (if not paying).

oh, and #twats

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Depending on who the new owners are at the time, Kenny Jacket or Olaf the Snowman.

More like Kenny Rogers or Frosty the Snowman. Former definitely available after retiring from touring - could do a job?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Wigan would have had a couple of seasons of parachute payments though, so perhaps they had a bit more cash to wave around. Plus I think he's a Scouser: maybe he wanted to be closer to family?

Ex-Wigan player too. I think Wigan was his first professional club as a player. So can see the allure.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here