Not Another Ashley Barnes Thread

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Boo-arnes.

image.jpeg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Worst failure in letting go since Glenn Murray. The number of crosses going in low to big wide empty areas of the penalty area for anybody with a striker's instinct, last season Ashley Barnes would have finished up equal on goals with Murray, if not more.

Only JCL Amexers would suggest otherwise.

Just the latest in the long line of goalscorers we let go too soon, too cheap.

Plus we always hang on to the duffers up front WAY too long.

Slightly pathetic really.

Must try harder. :dunce:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No mention of the consistent booing and abuse from some of our 'support'?
Good lad.

I don't remember Barnes being boooed at all... maybe i just could not hear it in East Upper.

He always split opinion, and i was not particularly gutted we lost him at the time as I thought we could get better, but just dont remember booing..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't remember Barnes being boooed at all... maybe i just could not hear it in East Upper.

He always split opinion, and i was not particularly gutted we lost him at the time as I thought we could get better, but just dont remember booing..

There was certainly dislike of him coming from the West Upper back in the day.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No mention of the consistent booing and abuse from some of our 'support'?
Good lad.

Lots of cocks at BHA booed Barnes unnecessary and i mean alot. Moved onto Bong now. Not so much booing but shouting abuse

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Did the East Upper even exist when Ashley was with us?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I loved Ashley Barnes: his dedication, even when playing out of his normal position; his song; the way he was announced by Richie Reynolds; his understanding with Vicente leading to goals on more than one occasion; his Maltese aspirations – basically pretty much everything about him.

Top bloke.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I loved Ashley Barnes: his dedication, even when playing out of his normal position; his song; the way he was announced by Richie Reynolds; his understanding with Vicente leading to goals on more than one occasion; his Maltese aspirations – basically pretty much everything about him.

Top bloke.

I love these threads. Watch all posters come out and say they loved him. :wink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Top bloke.

His wife is stunning too.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He believes BHA will find it tough in the PL and whilst agreeing with him, I think Burnley will also find it a lot tougher next time round. Could both be nestled in the bottom five.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here