Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Borussia Dortmund's Thomas Tuchel to manage Palace?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You had me worried there until I read this bit:

Elliot said: "He's a very capable and competent coach, he got them (Dortmund) into the Champions League. I don't think he will get a top six job here but certainly anywhere from eighth to mid-table. I am just talking out of my arse here, what about Crystal Palace? They are looking for a manager at the moment. London is very attractive, an excellent chairman in Steve Parish, so that might be an opportunity."

Dortmund manager won't get a top 6 job? If a vacancy came up then I reckon he would.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Roy Hodgson wants the job,apparently?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'd rather it was Thomas Turgoose:

thomas-turgoose.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not sure we should keep appointing ex-Palace TBH.

Genuine question - what's your preference? Younger manager or experienced pro? British or Foreign?

Taking my Albion hat off for a minute, you've got a pretty good squad now and it doesn't need a major overhaul so Parish won't need to promise a huge transfer kitty to the new man. Allardyce has shown Parish the benefits of a tight fitness and coaching regime so SP must look for a manager who can continue that but IMO one that's also going to make it feel like a fresh beginning for the club.

As a neutral I'd say avoid Moyes types like the plague. As a Brighton fan, I'd love to see him take the job.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Genuine question - what's your preference? Younger manager or experienced pro? British or Foreign?

Taking my Albion hat off for a minute, you've got a pretty good squad now and it doesn't need a major overhaul so Parish won't need to promise a huge transfer kitty to the new man. Allardyce has shown Parish the benefits of a tight fitness and coaching regime so SP must look for a manager who can continue that but IMO one that's also going to make it feel like a fresh beginning for the club.

As a neutral I'd say avoid Moyes types like the plague. As a Brighton fan, I'd love to see him take the job.

I'd prefer experienced British pro, but they are thin on the ground.

Even in his best days, there were limitations with Moyes that I wouldn't like to see imposed on the current squad.

I suspect we'll end up with some fancypants Euro-whizz-kid looking for an entry into the Prem. One more flip of the revolving door.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thomas Tuchel at Palace :lolol: WTF is wrong with people. There was talk of him getting the Arsenal job if Wenger went. He will have his pick of the second rung of European contenders.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here