Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want to send a case of wine to someone. Any local recommendations?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite simple. I'd like to send someone a case of wine as a thank you. Can someone recommend a Brighton based company to do this?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Yes I can, there is a local importer of wines , with a shop on Queens Park Road. They really know there stuff, attended a wine tasting given by the owners, great fun, informative and great wine
They have shops in Queens Park Road and St Georges Rd Kemp town

https://www.butlers-winecellar.co.uk/

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes I can, there is a local importer of wines , with a shop on Queens Park Road. They really know there stuff, attended a wine tasting given by the owners, great fun, informative and great wine
They have shops in Queens Park Road and St Georges Rd Kemp town

https://www.butlers-winecellar.co.uk/

Thirded. Henry really knows his stuff - some excellent wines, at all prices

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just tried ordering 2 cases but sadly his online shop is not recognising my "zip code".

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just tried ordering 2 cases but sadly his online shop is not recognising my "zip code".

There are so many websites with that problem - most of them in the US, it must be said.

Give them a call, they're really helpful and I'm sure will sort it for you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are so many websites with that problem - most of them in the US, it must be said.

Give them a call, they're really helpful and I'm sure will sort it for you

I've just emailed and asked if I can transfer the cash direct to their bank. If anyone knows these guys please tell them I'm legit.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I've just emailed and asked if I can transfer the cash direct to their bank. If anyone knows these guys please tell them I'm legit.

I have a wine shop, but not in Brighton !! Anyhow, what I was going to say was, give them a ring and see if they can take a card payment over the phone, my card machine allows for mail order sale, you do have to enter the numbers from the zip code, but I have done it several times from someone in Ireland, and it worked. Worth a try.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Funnily enough HT, I've just got in after having a pint with Henry. Don't know if you have resolved/given up with ordering but if I can help in any way let me know & I'll pm mine or Henrys mobile & speak tomorrow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Funnily enough HT, I've just got in after having a pint with Henry. Don't know if you have resolved/given up with ordering but if I can help in any way let me know & I'll pm mine or Henrys mobile & speak tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer, appreciated. But I emailed them earlier and it's almost sorted. A lady responded out of hours, we had a few email exchanges and we should be done tomorrow. Super friendly and super helpful business; I can see why so many recommended them.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Thanks for the offer, appreciated. But I emailed them earlier and it's almost sorted. A lady responded out of hours, we had a few email exchanges and we should be done tomorrow. Super friendly and super helpful business; I can see why so many recommended them.
Glad you look like you've got it sorted. Would have been happy to deliver a case on Sunday when I drop my daughter back at her Mums

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks everyone. Order placed. What a great company. I'll certainly recommend them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ok , how much for a case are we talking about for some nice wines ?

Check their website out. There's something for most price ranges.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here