Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaetan Bong has signed a new one year contract...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
[tweet]869546212759924739[/tweet]

"BREAKING: Gaetan Bong has agreed a new one-year contract at #BHAFC. More to follow at seagulls.co.uk"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bong signs one-year contract

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Gaetan Bong has today agreed a new one-year contract at the club.

The Cameroonian was one of four players to be offered a new deal earlier this month, and has now committed his future to Albion for another year once his current contract expires on 30th June.

The 29-year-old made a total of 24 appearances in 2016/17, and made a successful return to action in April after three months out with a knee injury.

Manager Chris Hughton told seagulls.co.uk, "We are delighted that Gaetan has agreed his new deal, as he has been a key member of the squad in his two years at the club.

"He played a big part in our success and I am looking forward to working with Gaetan again next season, as we look to establish ourselves in the Premier League."

Bong began his career in France with Metz and had a brief loan spell with Tours, before moving onto Valenciennes.

He then played in Greece for Olympiakos and had a brief spell at Wigan Athletic, before arriving at Albion in July 2015.

The defender represented Cameroon at the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa and featured for France at under-21 level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not personally convinced that Bong can make the step up, tbh, but it's another piece in place.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am pleased he has signed, but one year is a bit odd, i suspect another left back is on his way and he does not want to be a back up which is understandable.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good news

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nice to see another member of the promotion winning squad signed up, but in all honesty this is one signing I'm a bit "meh" about. Still, if Sir Chris wanted him, and Bong wants to be here, then it's all good.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I am pleased he has signed, but one year is a bit odd, i suspect another left back is on his way and he does not want to be a back up which is understandable.

One year is perfectly acceptable with his injury record.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not personally convinced that Bong can make the step up, tbh, but it's another piece in place.

Maybe, but just like the rest of this amazing team, he deserves a chance to see if he can. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like him but I fear he will get some red cards given the pace that he will be up against. I imagine he has been signed as a squad player rather than 1st choice?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I like him but I fear he will get some red cards given the pace that he will be up against. I imagine he has been signed as a squad player rather than 1st choice?

I don't agree - he's shown signs of being rapid. It's his passing that I worry about. Anyway, good news. At worst a decent squad player, with potential to be better than that at PL level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here